C&CC - Temporary Holiday Sites ? (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hope to be in UK in April and will be using C&CC sites in the main but want to try some THS location while there ..... Any chance to save money will be jumped at!! Any members had experience of these sites and do they have any facilities?

Bryan

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Some have toilets & showers, but most will only have water and waste disposal, if you are a member of CCC all of the THS are listed on the web site. We have been to a few, and find them good value.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As golly says, you normally need your own facilities. We use them a lot, partly because most don't have to be booked in advance and you don't have to decide how long you are staying when you get there, just pay and move on when you are ready. It's worth checking the locations though as they are not all within easy reach of public transport or walking distance to amenities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
All the information for each temp holiday site is in the magazine....either printed or on the web

I find them great for touring or getting near to big events eg Edinburgh Festival etc.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I used the one in York last summer when visiting @Jez and Lin all they had was fresh water and Black Waste disposal but bloody good value and I used it because it was the most central of all.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Very rarely Gav.

It's best to rely on large batteries and solar panels.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
May I rephrase that as "rely on sufficient power generation ability for one's needs", Jock?

We only have one 80Ah battery and one 80W solar panel but because we have low power consumption it is enough. All a matter of balance and learning what is needed.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
May I rephrase that as "rely on sufficient power generation ability for one's needs", Jock?

We only have one 80Ah battery and one 80W solar panel but because we have low power consumption it is enough. All a matter of balance and learning what is needed.
Same difference Graham. ;)

Cheers,

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Very Good Value, run by locals with good local knowledge.
We used to help steward our local I.o.W. THS. for a week each time (it ran then for 7 weeks) for several years . Some are a rally field adjoining a campsite.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm stewarding 3 this year to help EEDA. Two are just grass fields next to CL's, both have access to toilets. The final one in Cornwell is on a full blown site in Newquay with electric all for £11 a night. You just have to read up on them to find out what they are offering. (y)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Their new system on the website (Members Area/Out&About) is really good, allowing you to enter start & finish dates plus distance from a town (or leave it blank). It displays a list of THS & Meets BUT also allows you to view them on a zoomable map.

I have asked if the database is available to download, as you need to be online to use this facility, but I haven't had a response - Gordon

PS There is an advert for "App coming soon".

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Last year we went to a THS at Perranporth Cornwall for 10 days, it was on a regular site, late in the season, toilets, showers and EHU for £11 a night (I think) excellent hosts made really welcome.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Do any have electric hook up?
Yes many are held on commercial sites, mainly in the off peak periods. You can also use the facilities on these sites including swimming pools.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Other than those occasionally held on commercial sites, EHU is quite rare.
I've never been on THS yet, where EHU was available.

Cheers,

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I'm stewarding 3 this year to help EEDA. Two are just grass fields next to CL's, both have access to toilets. The final one in Cornwell is on a full blown site in Newquay with electric all for £11 a night. You just have to read up on them to find out what they are offering. (y)

Tollgate?! If so, we're there in September. Went last year. Great site, location and facilities. Good value!

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Tollgate?! If so, we're there in September. Went last year. Great site, location and facilities. Good value!
No I'm down near Woolacombe end of May beginning of June. Sea Palling, Norfolk first week of August. Last 2 weeks of September, first week of October Porth Beach Newquay. Then Plymouth for the ferry to Santander and somewhere in Spain for the winter :D

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
No I'm down near Woolacombe end of May beginning of June. Sea Palling, Norfolk first week of August. Last 2 weeks of September, first week of October Porth Beach Newquay. Then Plymouth for the ferry to Santander and somewhere in Spain for the winter :D
@Clive
We did porth beach THS mid april last year had a great time nice area

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
We used four THS last year York, lovely walk alongside river into city.
Lancing bus stops about 300m . Bosham,about 400m to bus nice cafe and pub in village. Parley Glade Bournmouth, again bus about 4-500m.
All lovely stewards and very reasonable costs

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
Pleased to know that as we intend going there June/July (y)

There is electric there on a "First come First served" basis. I am the secretary of the New Forest DA who run this site in August and we also run other sites in the local area through out the summer. Details available on our web site. I would also recommend Ballard School for motorhomers as it is very central to New Milton with transport links and shops 5 mins walk from beautiful set location. If you require further info please pm me

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is electric there on a "First come First served" basis. I am the secretary of the New Forest DA who run this site in August and we also run other sites in the local area through out the summer. Details available on our web site. I would also recommend Ballard School for motorhomers as it is very central to New Milton with transport links and shops 5 mins walk from beautiful set location. If you require further info please pm me
Thanks for that. It is the June/July THS run by Dorset DA that we're looking at. One of my nieces is getting married in Chichester on 6 July and we've booked the club site for a few days around that date so are intending spending a few days at Bournemouth beforehand.

Tempting though the August sites are, it's a long way from Tees-side to make two trips in such a short time :)

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
Their new system on the website (Members Area/Out&About) is really good, allowing you to enter start & finish dates plus distance from a town (or leave it blank). It displays a list of THS & Meets BUT also allows you to view them on a zoomable map.

I have asked if the database is available to download, as you need to be online to use this facility, but I haven't had a response - Gordon

PS There is an advert for "App coming soon".
hi there, i am logged into the C@CC site, membership area but cant see the 'out and about' section....is the link easy to find?

ok got it....home, uk campsites, social camping, temporary holiday sites.....which then takes you to the C&CC magazine and then to out and about area.....

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another (y) for Camping and Caravanning Club THSs!

Rally officers are always friendly and helpful in our experience; and the sites provide great value for money too.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Thanks very much for the heads up about the new C&CC Out and About app.

I went to Google Play Store on my tablet, chose " apps", typed in " Out&About" and it came up immediately and downloaded in seconds. Extremely useful ,especially as it links to Google Maps and gives you directions to the holiday site. You do have to type in your C&CC password and email address to log in.

My OH has an ipad and he got it via wherever ipads get their apps from by using the same form of words.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back