Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
On the Fiat section is a thread by @WillH http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fiat-cab-respray.125906/ on respraying his cab.
@landscaper replied to the thread with a picture of his van having had the bonnet resprayed a different colour to the rest of his cab which looks great(y)
Well as the front of my van looks like this
PDW_7961.jpg

I would like it resprayed and why not paint the bonnet a different colour to the rest like @landscaper has!
So over to you lot...Choose me a colour:D

This should help a picture of a Bessacarr E600 the same as my van.
47196.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the down side it will look like you got the bonnet from a scrapyard. :)

?

Deleted User
How much is a bonnet spray compared to a 2nd hand bonnet from the scrap yard?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
What about matching the strips down the side of your van and maybe adding tbe colour on trims etc .

?

Deleted User
Another option is look for a local place that does vinyl wrap as that come is any colour you want and removable when you fancy a change.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Hi Brightonian - I've seen landscaper van and agree, it works well. I have the same fiat cab as you, and in your case I would go original, as in White. Yes, I know you want to change the colour but feel it may end up looking like a replacement bonnet you picked up in a scrapyard and had to make do with the colour etc. If you really must change colour then I would pick up on some colours you may have on any decals or stripes on the van, try and pick a colour that will compliment them....Best of luck whichever way you go(y)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Why not load your picture into some drawing/painting software as I did and try different colours. I did this and my wife chose the silver , I'm am not good with colour at all.

?

Deleted User
What is it a 99 ducato?

Broken Link Removed

30 quid will buy you a bra

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Brightonian

Brightonian

Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
What about matching the strips down the side of your van and maybe adding tbe colour on trims etc .

Sounds like it could work, would look quite subtle

Hi Brightonian - I've seen landscaper van and agree, it works well. I have the same fiat cab as you, and in your case I would go original, as in White. Yes, I know you want to change the colour but feel it may end up looking like a replacement bonnet you picked up in a scrapyard and had to make do with the colour etc. If you really must change colour then I would pick up on some colours you may have on any decals or stripes on the van, try and pick a colour that will compliment them....Best of luck whichever way you go(y)
You @DBK @beacons and @Notakwak could be right about it looking a replacement bonnet picked up from a scrapyard, like the idea of matching with decals or stripes on the van.

Why not load your picture into some drawing/painting software as I did and try different colours. I did this and my wife chose the silver , I'm am not good with colour at all.
If only i had the skill and the software to do this:(

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
I just used the Windows photo viewer, very basic and part of the Windows package.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Found It!

Attachments

• Paint005.jpg
    Paint005.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
?

Deleted User
I use a Mac. I have photoshop lightroom, wonder if i can do it in there? will give it a try!

Try a bit of software called Gimp. I am sure that works with Mac. I use Paint.net but i think its windows only.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back