New Gen Ipods...anyone know?? (1 Viewer)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just treated ourselves to new generation Ipod Touch :thumb:

However when we sit it onto the various speaker systems docks we own it keeps saying "Charging is not possible" or something like that.

We have couple of different types of docks including a very expensive Bose system but the only thing it will charge up on is a £10.00 job from Argos we take on holidays!!!

Anyone know of a fix for this problem?? We have other Ipods and they all charge ok so its not the docking stations :Doh:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008

However when we sit it onto the various speaker systems docks we own it keeps saying "Charging is not possible" or something like that.

We have couple of different types of docks including a very expensive Bose system but the only thing it will charge up on is a £10.00 job from Argos we take on holidays!!!

Anyone know of a fix for this problem?? We have other Ipods and they all charge ok so its not the docking stations :Doh:

There are some issues, here's a quote from Bose:

'If you own a SoundDock manufactured before August 2008 it is possible that this may not charge all current iPods. Bose are able to convert older SoundDock® Original models to charge all current iPods (including iPod or iPhone) – please call the Troubleshooting/Repairs Line on 0800 781 1274 to enquire further.'

Good luck :Smile:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks for that that was really helpful :Smile::thumb:

Costs £69.00 :Eeek: to get the Bose Sound Dock modified for all Ipods which includes courier collection/delivery/insurance and VATand is a 10 day service :thumb:

Seems a bit steep to fix something that isnt my fault but if youve ever heard a Bose Sound Dock you know its money well spent :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Thanks for that that was really helpful :Smile::thumb:

Costs £69.00 :Eeek: to get the Bose Sound Dock modified for all Ipods which includes courier collection/delivery/insurance and VATand is a 10 day service :thumb:

Seems a bit steep to fix something that isnt my fault but if youve ever heard a Bose Sound Dock you know its money well spent :winky:

I've used Bose in theatres for years, well worth the money :thumb:

Drylander

Free Member
Aug 28, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 Years

Hi Dazzer,

From a recent review of new generation iPod Touch (2G) by Robert Mohns (May 26, 2009)

<<Cons: Incompatible with many older iPod accessories >>

See full Review here Link Removed

I am looking at this range of ipods (as a first timer) but the reviewer indicates that it such a step change in technology that a lot of the previous generation accessories are of no use with this new range...

This is surely a kick in the teeth for those who have spent out a lot over the preceeding years.

Bob L

PS That apart, it looks good & up to 32Gb models now available. Perhaps you can tell us all what model you have & how you get on with it, please?

Bob L

Last edited:
OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Dazzer,

From a recent review of new generation iPod Touch (2G) by Robert Mohns (May 26, 2009)

<<Cons: Incompatible with many older iPod accessories >>

See full Review here Link Removed

I am looking at this range of ipods (as a first timer) but the reviewer indicates that it such a step change in technology that a lot of the previous generation accessories are of no use with this new range...

This is surely a kick in the teeth for those who have spent out a lot over the preceeding years.

Bob L

PS That apart, it looks good & up to 32Gb models now available. Perhaps you can tell us all what model you have & how you get on with it, please?

Bob L

Hi Bob

We have the 32g version and it is superb. Sound and vision is fantastic and the mem capacity has to be seen to be believed!!!!

We have 18 DVDs and 3000 songs on it and there is still room for more :Eeek:

The BIG plus over the old touch is the addtion of an external speaker. WIFI is the best i have come across and picks up networks my laptop wont find. Ease of use is great and even my wifee can drive it which is just about the only bit of tech she can get along with (apart from the washing machine.......running for cover now!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

The incompatability is a bugger but i suppose thats technology moving on (how many VHS videos have you got laying around??? :Doh:)

Dont mess around BUY ONE NOW!!!!! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I've used Bose in theatres for years, well worth the money :thumb:

Got the Bose 48 AV system and speakers for the living room.

Nearly crippled me at £2500 :Eeek: but without a doubt the BEST sound a/v system on the market today. I love the hard drive system, just chuck in a CD and never have to find it again!!:winky:

I guess you get what you pay for and at that price it was a very hard decision but it should last for years and looks great with the tiny cube speakers:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back