Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Proberly on other vans also has any one any idea how to remove these grills
IMG_20160313_095543.jpg

As you can see this one has a dead fly taken up residency. And the others could use a clean. My arthritic fingers won't pry them off and I'm a little nervous to use a screwdriver. So any ideas ? Thanks in advance Paul

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have the same in my Hymer. Never tried to remove it but I think you may need to attack it from on top. There should be a cover which is domed and this clips into the vertical flange of the ventilator.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have three such vents on our Burstner but I've never tried to take one apart (just vacuumed from underneath from time to time). I can't see anything in our handbook.

Looking at this photo from the Camper UK spares list it would appear that both top and bottom can be removed from the frame somehow. It might be worth giving Camper UK a ring (01522 697070) for advice. We bought our van from their north east branch and found them very helpful.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The top cover clips on, you need to get up on the roof. They are tight best to do it on a warm day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We have the same vents
Ease a paint scraper underneath and prise it down and they are a tight fit
When we picked ours up from dealer there was dust and fluff in and this is what there cleaner did to remove and clean
I have to clean ours every few months

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Based on the helpful advice from Dill, Peter & Elaine, I have just pulled down the vent screen and cleaned it. Without their information, I probably would not have risked it. As mentioned, it is a tight fit and the vent screen has ridged corners to the moulding which makes it grip very tightly to the frame. Lots of dead bugs and dust are now gone. (It's amazing where bugs get to. I recently resealed the large roof light over the shower room and found a dead green shield bug in there, another in the screen I have just removed, and several others stuck in odd spots around the van. They came home with us from France last Autumn!)

All part of the cleaning preparations for our first trip of the year soon (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back