Sometimes I am ashamed to be a Motorhomer. (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Here we are in Spain, privileged to be parked up in a beautiful beach location for free, with the local police forces blessing. What could possibly be wrong - some scumbag has emptied their cassette right on the water line, nearly stepped into it this morning. :madder::madder:

There is an enterprising garage owner just a few K away that lets you empty and fill up for just €1.50 a time. Worse comes to the worse, take a shovel and go into the scrub and bury it, but to leave it right on the waterline, unfortunately too high for it to actually get washed away. The beach was full of kids yesterday being a Sunday, thank goodness they are all back at school today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
That is obscene!

I don't understand how people can behave in this way!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Someone did that at Shell Island last year right next to the drinking water tap. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We avoided visiting Roquetta Del Mar (near Almerimar) when we were in Spain as we'd been told that the German MH owners who were wild camping on the sea front were emptying their toilet cassettes into the rain water drains on the side of the road - a health hazard if ever there was one

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
They were possibly afraid of loosing their prime parking spot if they had moved to empty it. Their must be tons of waste in all those vans the place must be a quagmire smelling like a sewerage treatment plant. If you were to speak to any of them they would all say it was disposed of properly. Yeah ok.....

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
What a shame some people think that's acceptable and spoil it for everyone else.

It does look lovely there in spite of that happening, very envious.

Liz

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
@vwalan did mention recently the sea can get smelly there, now we know why.

I'm surprised some enterprising soul doesn't equip a truck with water and waste tanks and go round these spots, providing a mobile servicing service. They could collect bin bags as well.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Here we are in Spain, privileged to be parked up in a beautiful beach location for free, with the local police forces blessing. What could possibly be wrong - some scumbag has emptied their cassette right on the water line, nearly stepped into it this morning. :madder::madder:

There is an enterprising garage owner just a few K away that lets you empty and fill up for just €1.50 a time. Worse comes to the worse, take a shovel and go into the scrub and bury it, but to leave it right on the waterline, unfortunately too high for it to actually get washed away. The beach was full of kids yesterday being a Sunday, thank goodness they are all back at school today.
View attachment 97034 View attachment 97035

Vermin....what a lovely spot!

Cant find a suitable smiley:(

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It looked very empty when you where there DBK.

It's a perfect location for us as there are more mountain bike trails than you can shake a stick at and we can get the kayaks out too.

No Buttons, it does not smell like a sewer, there is very little evidence of people emptying cassette in the scrub area, I think most are using the facilities a short drive away. People are driving off and coming back a couple of hours later, probably done the shopping as well. Some leave their chairs or levellers to keep their spot and some just part somewhere else.

Believe me if I has seen the culprits I would have taken their reg number and called the police.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I understand fully what everyone is so cross about and I agree with them and that black water dumping is disgusting but...

...isn't it true that thousands and thousands of people in houses effectively (and unknowingly) dump their black water into the Mediterranean Sea too? I understand that it is one of the most polluted bits of water in the world. The thing is, it gets piped out to sea and no one sees it!

And what about the posh cruise liners?

Do they wait to get back to port until they dump their "stuff"?

I think not...

Just saying like.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Further to my last post, this was reported today on Murcia Today.

http://murciatoday.com/murcia-gover...ing-committee_29272-a.html?subject=&category=
I really cannot blame the local authorities for acting like this. When we were in Los Narojos over Christmas, there were motorhomes everywhere. Some were on waste ground but plenty were parked in the streets in front of people's houses, that's guaranteed to wind the locals up.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I understand fully what everyone is so cross about and I agree with them and that black water dumping is disgusting but...

...isn't it true that thousands and thousands of people in houses effectively (and unknowingly) dump their black water into the Mediterranean Sea too? I understand that it is one of the most polluted bits of water in the world. The thing is, it gets piped out to sea and no one sees it!

And what about the posh cruise liners?

Do they wait to get back to port until they dump their "stuff"?

I think not...

Just saying like.

And I don't disagree with you JJ, but to leave it just high of the water line is more than disgusting.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Looks fab!!

Hope your both having a nice time. We got back over thursday, had a few days at Gib, eating pork and buying booze. Now at Estapona, getting all the sand out of the crevices LOL.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Oops. Forgot to post on the OP - they are unbelievable cretins, and sooo short sighted! NOBHEADS like these give our councils all the excuses they need not to have aires in the UK.

That was a rant wasnt it! SORRRY!!

Jon

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I wonder... Did the waterline retract after they had deposited?

Who knows, the waterline does not move much, there isn't much of a tide along this coast. There is also a ridge of dry washed up seaweed and that's where th sh*t is. It would take a spring tide or a storm at sea to wash it away.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oops. Forgot to post on the OP - they are unbelievable cretins, and sooo short sighted! NOBHEADS like these give our councils all the excuses they need not to have aires in the UK.

That was a rant wasnt it! SORRRY!!

Jon
Well ranted Jon. :clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back