Turkey tourism must be finished (1 Viewer)

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
The tourism industry must have its final blow today.
Never been but do feel for the folk in the tourist trade.
Also the deceased and families.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Seems no end to their tactics and the sad loss of life :(

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Afraid so. We toured Turkey about 5 years ago and it was great. I don't think I'd like to go there at present.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A terrible time for all those innocent people and their families . My 22 year old niece was just about to book a holiday there with a friend .

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Put off flying and sitting on a foreign beach
lucky we have a moterhome and aren't tempted to do either.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Yes is not good. That's now, Turkey, Tunisia and Egypt basically out of bounds. I was fortunate to do Egypt and Turkey in the last 3 years, Tunisia many years ago. I guess I will be using the Motorhome more now.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Only said to Jan tonight that's gotta be the end of tourism for Turkey.
Such a shame a fabulous country I toured the whole of Turkey on a motorbike years ago and have such wonderful memories of the place and the people I met. Always promised to take Jan there one day but sadly that ships sailed I think.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ankara is many miles away from tourist hot spots on the med. It didn't kill off tourism in London after the bombings..BUSBY.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's a huge country, I am sure statistically you would be just as safe in Turkey as you would be shopping in say Manchester or Sheffield, or any big centre in the UK.

People still go to France after "Paris".

But yes I am sure this will affect the tourist trade which Turkey desperately needs.

Martin

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The president of Turkey is a hardliner and a political tyrant or he will be given the chance, once it all kicks off then the crackdowns on all opposition activities ends up with bombs and guns and the retaliation and then it repeats the cycle.
They want to join the EU if they did it would be the end of European life as we know it. We Would be better out of it. BUT I am in favour of the EU and staying in it, but that would change my mind. We would be inundated with immigrant 'workers' then with no way of stopping them coming here and bringing the ideology of the area with them. Turkey is not European and never will be.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The president of Turkey is a hardliner and a political tyrant or he will be given the chance, once it all kicks off then the crackdowns on all opposition activities ends up with bombs and guns and the retaliation and then it repeats the cycle.
They want to join the EU if they did it would be the end of European life as we know it. We Would be better out of it. BUT I am in favour of the EU and staying in it, but that would change my mind. We would be inundated with immigrant 'workers' then with no way of stopping them coming here and bringing the ideology of the area with them. Turkey is not European and never will be.
If we stay in we will be welcoming millions of Turkish economic migrants because in the deal The EC struck with them last week there was a promise of free movement without visas throughout Europe and it won't be long before they are allowed to join as a full member state. Brussels wants them in,,,,BUSBY.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I can see in 20 years time by the way things are going ,your telephone book will be delivered with the Qur'an and you WILL read it or else.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Such a shame, turkey is lovely.

Sort of going there in May, off to visit the in laws in northern Cyprus again.

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
If we stay in we will be welcoming millions of Turkish economic migrants because in the deal The EC struck with them last week there was a promise of free movement without visas throughout Europe and it won't be long before they are allowed to join as a full member state. Brussels wants them in,,,,BUSBY.

No they won't .... The visa free travel applies to members in the EU’s Schengen zone .... The U.K. Is not a member of this zone.

Also the bombing was carried out by rebel Kurds not Isis.. Sadly this has been going on for many years and has had limited effects on tourism. In my view you are as much at risk in any country as you are in Turkey, particularly the UK. I visit turkey a couple of times a year, will continue to do so and hope others will as well.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I can't subscribe to Turkey being a no go zone... But why would we given the choices of destinations open to us choose a country where there is a risk no matter how small. If I was a regular visitor to that country and knew a bout the specific area I was about to visit I doubt I would not go.

But given I don't I would just go elsewhere.

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
You're right .....let's avoid countries where they shoot people in night clubs, blow up public transport and behead people in the streets....damm..that's the uk and France off the list then

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
You're right .....let's avoid countries where they shoot people in night clubs, blow up public transport and behead people in the streets....damm..that's the uk and France off the list then
Don't forget Spain,,,BUSBY.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would think that it was aimed at anybody who thinks that the recent problems in Turkey make it any more dangerous to travel to than many other places including the UK and France.

We have cycled 1000's of miles in Turkey and also love the place so can understand it when people feel that they want to show some solidarity with the general population, many of whom live on tourism.

Martin

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
I would think that it was aimed at anybody who thinks that the recent problems in Turkey make it any more dangerous to travel to than many other places including the UK and France.

We have cycled 1000's of miles in Turkey and also love the place so can understand it when people feel that they want to show some solidarity with the general population, many of whom live on tourism.

Martin
Some of the kindest, helpful, friendly people I have ever had the fortune to meet. We will continue to support them if we can.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Martin
The worst thing that has happened to me in my life was 15 miles from home o_O

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
If you vote yes to the EU you will never have any control of if Turkey joins the EU, as there will be not vote on that specifically. You are in fact a Turkey voting for xmas.....

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Had two beautiful weeks holiday in turkey last September,marmaris, saw the leatherhead turtles, beautiful country and very nice people. It's all so sad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back