Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
I've got a PSU2007 with a noisy fan.
Can't decide whether to buy a replacement fan or send full unit off to Sargeant to have it fully checked while it's off.
Any thoughts please ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If the fan is accessible try vacuuming it in case it's just dust causing the problem.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi Tom I took my Sargeant unit off to strip down and clean as my fan was noisy it was full of fluff on the vanes, cleaned up nice put unit back together all plugged in fan still noisy but not as bad as before :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Tom I took my Sargeant unit off to strip down and clean as my fan was noisy it was full of fluff on the vanes, cleaned up nice put unit back together all plugged in fan still noisy but not as bad as before :rolleyes:
As an aside to this - it's a good policy to occasionally vacuum the fans on laptops, computers etc for the same reason!

OP
OP
Tom A
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
I've rang Sargeant and they want ÂŁ85 to replace fan and check everything.
I've cleaned the fan but still noisy.
Just popping to local computer shop to see what they've got or I'll get one off internet.
Thanks for replies.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Justin Beiber gets this trouble I believe! :LOL:

Wyn

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
The most common noisy fans are sleeve bearing types.

If you remove the maker's label from the centre of the body, you can often see the shaft and bearing underneath.

A drop of engine oil in there will give you a couple of years of quiet running. Don't forget to put the label back.

Peter

OP
OP
Tom A
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Tried in vain to get a fan so I've lubed it up and re fitted.
A bit quieter so will do for now.
Thanks again for the replies.

Motorhome Man

Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, i had the same problem with my unit, apparently on the very latest units the fan is thermostatically controlled and only comes on at 30 degrees. As you all know the fan only works to cool the in-built battery charger. You can of course turn off the battery charger at night if this is the inconvenience. I actually removed the fan completely as could not find the exact same on the internet. Obviously the outside temperature is low at the moment and inside is matched but since october and up till now have had no problem with high temperature in PCU, which I check regularly. What happens in the summer we will wait and see. Once again can always turn charger off. I have solar panel so for me is not a problem. Regards Luke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back