Will the EHIC still be valid if the vote is out (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Today I have renewed our EHI cards on line it got me wondering if they will still be valid or used if the vote is for out.
I know the subject has been voiced before but my renewal got me wondering.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Most probably yes, but it's up to negotiation.
Norway and the Swiss are outside the EU but included in the EHIC agreement.
The EHIC is a separate agreement not part of the EU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So do Switzerland i believe,,,BUSBY.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I am not so confident. Also still undecided as to which way to vote . ..I was led to believe I was voting originally for a common market not a common government and law courts with their own ideas of sovereignty..so am finding it difficult to make a reasoned decision based on what was to what could be.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Tis a big bad world out there! Like the fish wanting to separate Scotland I believe better together! I am a Scot by the way.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The UK cannot afford to leave period, the country would never recover. I agree it might be close, but IN it will be...............

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Tis a big bad world out there! Like the fish wanting to separate Scotland I believe better together! I am a Scot by the way.
I agree in part ,however a scot you maybe but it looks like you no longer live there so how does either an EU referendum or Scottish referendum affect you and your life style..i am interested because of your decision to live outside the UK..Roy

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The UK cannot afford to leave period, the country would never recover. I agree it might be close, but IN it will be...............

I can see this thread being moved, but I have to ask anyway!

Is that your opinion or is it based on fact?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I agree in part ,however a scot you maybe but it looks like you no longer live there so how does either an EU referendum or Scottish referendum affect you and your life style..i am interested because of your decision to live outside the UK..Roy

I don't think it will affect me much apart from if the pound falls I will get less euros.
I will have lived here more than 5 years, pay French tax spend my money here not least 50000 on a motorhome this year.
I claim no benefits from the French so why would they not want me?
Although I live in France I am British and want what is best for the UK.
It is my belief that in is best for the UK!

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I will probably vote with my heart.

Regardless of the Nation State stuff I am content being a Geordie whose ancestors came from Shetland and whose home is in Yorkshire. I feel like a European and spend as much time there as possible.

I adore the film 'Love Actually ' and especially the bit where Hugh Grant as PM tells the US president to stick it.

I detest being in hock to the USA as we have been almost continuously since WW2. My fear is that if we leave we will have to crawl even further up the USA arse.

I just don't want to be in that situation. Call it pride or call it stupid, I am quite prepared to deal with the consequences of staying In.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I will probably vote with my heart.

Regardless of the Nation State stuff I am content being a Geordie whose ancestors came from Shetland and whose home is in Yorkshire. I feel like a European and spend as much time there as possible.

I adore the film 'Love Actually ' and especially the bit where Hugh Grant as PM tells the US president to stick it.

I detest being in hock to the USA as we have been almost continuously since WW2. My fear is that if we leave we will have to crawl even further up the USA arse.

I just don't want to be in that situation. Call it pride or call it stupid, I am quite prepared to deal with the consequences of staying In.

Yeah ! Right !!! Don't think that's the right thinking on your part ,however whatever floats your boat. and you must do as you feel is right for you. ...

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Unless your family had blonde hair and blue eyes you may not have even existed without USA, You would however been fluent in German.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Today I have renewed our EHI cards on line it got me wondering if they will still be valid or used if the vote is for out.
I know the subject has been voiced before but my renewal got me wondering.
Who knows? One of the many risks we take if we vote for out. We have no idea what changes the EU might make when we have no influence at all. Better the devil you know than risking the unknown.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Who knows? One of the many risks we take if we vote for out. We have no idea what changes the EU might make when we have no influence at all. Better the devil you know than risking the unknown.

That's the "In" reason that gets me going!

Whatever happened to us, as a country? When did that "Bulldog Spirit" die?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think that a famous politician quoted that Britain was of Europe but not european and being an island it will remain the same ,or something along those lines ,and I reckon that sums up my take on the issue ,I don't feel European even though we are part of Europe and that will always dictate my heart and head on these matters ..did that make sense as to what I was trying to say or was it my usual disjointed waffle ??? Haha over to you now . !!:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun