• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Oyster Digital 85cm Automatic Auto Skew Satellite TV System Built In Freeview. Roof Mounted. £500 (1 Viewer)

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Oyster Digital Twin LNB roof mountable automatic, auto skew TV satellite system. Includes an 85cm satellite dish, a remote control handset, the control, unit with built in freeview, the infra LED dish operating eye, plus approx 5 metres of cabling. However, It does NOT include the roof mounting plate as this was left on our motorhome. However you can apparently buy them on eBay for around £90 but any reputable Oyster installer can provide you with one of these quite cheaply I believe.

This system has been professionally removed from our Burstner Panorama by Camper UK of Lincoln due to us buying a new motorhome which already has a similar system installed.

This set up allows you to use a sky plus digi box or similar in your motorhome due to it being a twin LNB system. So you can enjoy the benefits of recording 2 programmes at once and live pause etc. Plus if you are a sky customer you can pick up English TV in many European destinations. You can also tune into loads of different channels and satellites all over the uk and Europe and enjoy Freeview channels if you do not choose to use a digi box or similar.

I would suggest whoever buys this set up, gets it professionally installed by someone who understand the Oyster brand and who can instruct you on how to use it.

To buy something like this new would cost approx £2,650. However - we are open to fair offers.

Broken Link Removed

Buyer must collect from Skegness in Lincolnshire as it is far too big to send by courier.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes thank you. The point was that the value you placed on it including fitting wasn't really relevant to it's value now to take away and fit. i.e there is no residual value in your own fitting cost, that is not relevant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Oh dear! Sorry if I wasn't bring relevant! I am just a mere female - what do I know????
Just trying to emphasise to any interested member that there's chance here to nab a real and genuine bargain! Am I right to presume that you are not an interested prospective purchaser then?
Thanks for your input and I hope you feel better for correcting my errors?
Sue x

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hopefully a potential purchaser will feel better (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
It's approx 8 years old Sas R Us. However last year Conrad Anderson updated the software on it - (whatever that means?)

Sue

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
You got me interested in a bargain, but how good a bargain sue
Thks

We are open to fair offers - and will happily sell to the first person who offers us a fair price. We're not greedy people Gorse, so we're not looking for mega bucks, just whatever anyone thinks is a realistic price for this set up.

It is in full working order, it is used, it is 8 years old, and it is advisable to have it professionally fitted. it will also need a new mounting plate. The fitting and plate are going to cost the new owner approx £350 and maybe it would be worth getting them to service the set up at the same time. So taking all this into consideration what does anyone feel they'd be happy to pay? We have no idea - which is why we are leaving the price tag up to those who are seriously interested.

Sue

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Think it would be easier all round if you just quoted what you want for it...or is that to easy.
Ooh err!!!!

Is it too hard for interested parties to offer a price that they believe is fair or what they consider it's worth to them????

That way they offer a price that they are happy to pay and the seller accepts an offer they are happy to accept! Job done!

Can't see the problem Judge Mental!!

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You might want to check if it's a Morris or Austin 1300 being offered?:whistle:

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
I'm all for a bit of banter but I am seriously trying to sell something here guys!
If you are NOT interested in buying or you have any gripes with my ad, or my open to fair offers style of selling, then please would you be so polite as to refrain from posting in my ad and direct your opinions through the private message section? I will politely answer all your queries but I'd rather you didn't sabotage my advert if you don't mind.
Thank you.
Sue

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Didnt realise forums were for advertisements!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back