1999 31ft Palm Breeze by Gulfstream (1 Viewer)

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Anyone in the market for an RV? This has to be the bargain of the year. Shame I have just bought a 2004 Swift Suntor 630G as a commuter. Otherwise I would have bought this myself:-

1999 31ft Palm Breeze by Gulfstream
Only 45k miles, Ford V-10 Power Auto Transmission, Overdrive, etc
Dash Air; Cruise Control, Radio with CD player, Serius Radio.
Four Hydraulic Jacks (HWH)
Micro wave and Convection ovens
Queen Island walk around rear Bed
Dinette, Goucho type couch; sleeps six
Twin top AC units; Large Onboard Generator
Onboard Fresh, Grey and Black Water tanks.
Full Basement Storage.
Electric TV Antenna
Wind out Awning
Electric Steps
In the UK with shipping and 30% VAT & Duty paid.
Listing on behalf of a friend who has no ebay account.
For any more information or enquiries please contact Tommy Howard.
Phone Number - 077 3093 0089 -

Item number:170372437807 on ebay

The best offer over £16,000 I reckon will take this beauty. :thumb:​

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
What is there to say John, we are near the bottom of a recession and people are being very conservative, hanging on to what they have. It is a good price for someone to site sit in, but with the price of fuel these days not a travelling van, and that really applies to all RV's in this country. Gas guzzlers and only a matter of time before the chancellor see that and taxes them accordingly as he did with the 4 x 4's so of which are currently paying £400 pa for road fund licence. What rate of duty will these attract? £5-600, it will end up cheaper to live in a house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
What is there to say John, we are near the bottom of a recession and people are being very conservative, hanging on to what they have. It is a good price for someone to site sit in, but with the price of fuel these days not a travelling van, and that really applies to all RV's in this country. Gas guzzlers and only a matter of time before the chancellor see that and taxes them accordingly as he did with the 4 x 4's so of which are currently paying £400 pa for road fund licence. What rate of duty will these attract? £5-600, it will end up cheaper to live in a house.

You make some valid points Roger but I think we all need to be concerned about the Chancellors intentions, RVs are but a tiny proportion of the Motorhome ownership. Year on year rising fuel prices are already curtailing some owners travelling, in general MHs of all sizes are not fuel efficient.

I've read tales of 30+++ mpg with 3.5t vans.. well, none that I have owned got much better than 20, maybe 25 on a long cruise, a diesel RV like mine does 15 mpg

But I digress, I agree about touring, RVs are not the best tool for the job, hence my plan to downsize, but this decision is based on size rather than fuel economy.

For long term winter trips abroad to sunny climes an RV takes some beating but if you want to tour then a smaller van is cheaper and more suitable. As they say.. horses for courses.

Jim

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Eeek: WOW ! are you sure that the owner let it for 16 000 £ ??

::bigsmile: Yes. I am sure. I would have bought it myself if I hadn't just bought our Suntor. I could have bought this, converted to LPG and STILL have some change left. :Doh:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
What is there to say John, we are near the bottom of a recession and people are being very conservative, hanging on to what they have.

I agree, even at that price it's probably not something too many people will go for. I'm sure he will sell it but speaking personally it's too big for my needs, interesting spec 'tho.

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I agree, even at that price it's probably not something too many people will go for. I'm sure he will sell it but speaking personally it's too big for my needs, interesting spec 'tho.

:Cool: Want to BET? Subject to an MOT, a deposit has been made at a price of £14,900. :Doh: Wish I had waited before I bought the Suntor. Anyone want to buy a 2004 Swift Suntor 630G quickly? :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hell of an RV for the money John.
Despite all the negative comments on here about this, which by the way are quite irrelevant there are still loads of people buying RV's. I've been trawling the dealers for the past couple of months trying to get a bargain and have missed at least 6 which were sold while I was trying to negotiate the price down.

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hell of an RV for the money John.
Despite all the negative comments on here about this, which by the way are quite irrelevant there are still loads of people buying RV's. I've been trawling the dealers for the past couple of months trying to get a bargain and have missed at least 6 which were sold while I was trying to negotiate the price down.

:Cool: Quite right Ror. This has got to be the BARGAIN of the century. As I said. I was too soon with the Suntor purchase. :Doh:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
.....Year on year rising fuel prices are already curtailing some owners travelling, in general MHs of all sizes are not fuel efficient.
Very true Jim though RV fuel consumption figures make pretty horrendous reading with some are only achieving single figure mpg and at best 10-15mpg. And this for a vehicle weighing in at what......6 or 7ton? A mere lightweight.

A Challenger tank weighs in at 63 tons. More than ten times the weight of an RV, is capable of 60mph yet still returns 3-4mpg.

When using those figures as a cross comparison, it makes RV mpg figures appallingly bad.

If using one just to 'winter abroad', then it would be make buying a small property or even a sited van, far more economical plus being a sound investment too.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
It is a good price for someone to site sit in, but with the price of fuel these days not a travelling van, and that really applies to all RV's in this country.
Very true.

Last month i was on a site in Slovakia when this Belgian couple turned up in an RV which sat on site whilst they 'toured' around on a little scooter. Many of the sites i stayed at, not to mention some of the roads i travelled on, they would never have got the damn thing down there!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I bet you wish you hadn't bothered John.
I think the messenger has been well and truly shot by now:Eeek:

Thread has gone completely off topic. This site seems to be getting more and more anti RV such a shame it used to be the best forum:cry: and most of the original members were RV ers.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Very true Jim though RV fuel consumption figures make pretty horrendous reading with some are only achieving single figure mpg and at best 10-15mpg. And this for a vehicle weighing in at what......6 or 7ton? A mere lightweight.

A Challenger tank weighs in at 63 tons. More than ten times the weight of an RV, is capable of 60mph yet still returns 3-4mpg.

When using those figures as a cross comparison, it makes RV mpg figures appallingly bad.

If using one just to 'winter abroad', then it would be make buying a small property or even a sited van, far more economical plus being a sound investment too.

So if a 6-7 ton RV does 15mpg and you call it appalling how about a 2.8 ton Eurobox doing 20-24mpg?? :Eeek: They must be the most uneconomical vehicles ever :ROFLMAO:

And also in a bid to try and level the playing field (and get back on thread!!!:winky:) . Anyone thinking of buying an underpower, overloaded, poorly equipped Euro motorhome STOP!!!!

Look at what £16k will buy you :Eeek: Kind of makes the Hymer you were thinking of buying look a bit OTT??? ::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Nice price, just don't think I could live with that front end tho...............:Doh:

Boo

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I bet you wish you hadn't bothered John.
I think the messenger has been well and truly shot by now:Eeek:

Thread has gone completely off topic. This site seems to be getting more and more anti RV such a shame it used to be the best forum:cry: and most of the original members were RV ers.

:RollEyes: That's quite true Ror. Shame, but what the heck. That's life. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Laying on the sales blurb pretty thick here......is the owner a mate of yours?!!

Be interesting to watch and see if he gets his reserve.

:Cool: Yes. As a matter of fact he is a very good friend that sourced and helped my buy our Newmar Mountain Aire. A £45,000 RV for £26,000? Not bad as far as I'm concerned. :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The discussion has moved to RV size/access and mpg. As far as size and access goes , its immaterial if you travel from site to site and use bikes ,toad or public transport to explore locally and anyway if a bus , fire engine, ambulance can get there most RVs can also.
As far as economy is concerned, you pay for what you get. If you stay in Travelodge your room is restricted, whereas stay in the Hilton it costs more but feel the comfort , space and facilities. The difference is not the total cost but the difference between RV running costs and a more economical vehicle. You get what you pay for and you choose what you prefer.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Strange how some people just like to "TELL" you that your choice of vehicle is crap.

What part of "MY" choice don't they understand.

Olley

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Strange how some people just like to "TELL" you that your choice of vehicle is crap.

What part of "MY" choice don't they understand.

Olley
Hi Olley not seen you about for a while hope all is fine with you. I do hope you are not refering to my post. John posted his ad then begged for comments and no one replied, I just gave my opinion as to why that might be. I'd love the income to afford to run an RV but as my style of motorhoming is touring not site sitting an RV is not for me anyway. I think they are wonderful things and a must for fulltiming if you stay months or even weeks in one place, we move every day and use our van for all of our sight seeing. If you are going to pull a toad then you are just a reverse tugger and may as well go for a 5th wheel. The RV offered is a fantastic buy and I'd think about it just to stick on a site at that price. So there you go not knocking your choices and not calling anything crap. If I caused offence then it was unintentional I just wanted to give John a reply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi Olley not seen you about for a while hope all is fine with you. I do hope you are not refering to my post. John posted his ad then begged for comments and no one replied. If I caused offence then it was unintentional I just wanted to give John a reply.

:Cool: Many thanks for that. No offence taken, all comments welcomed good or bad. :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
as a matter of interest what would one of these do to the gallon and what would it do with an LPG conversion

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi roger I wasn't referring to any particular poster, John posted about an RV at a very good price, and half the posts seemed to just be slating RV's.

Not been on here much lately as I have been busy down the shop, and in my spare time I am compiling an autogas map of Eastern Europe with Momo. Keeping well though, thanks for asking.

Olley

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
slightly OT chaps, but my monopoint LPG carb caught fire sometime in the past..

why would lpg help cause this, if indeed it does?

any thoughts?

john

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
:ROFLMAO:

thanks Simon !

roof is looking good from inside, I put curtains up at the weekend.. in the heat up there in those cramped conditions, even a simple job like that becomes challenging :)

all internal walls are new untreated ply and look nice :)
the insulation has been replaced all over...

i have glued the structure where I could but may return to that

the roof is draining better... thats all I can say about that really

The leaky seams are covered in flashing tape and also painted in silver roof paint..

the windows need re caulking (or similar)

but I am back sleeping up there :)

will dig a pic out

John

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread