Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
From 23 March GiffGaff will change it's pay as you go charges and align them with European charges.

Data now to be 5p per MB in UK and Europe

Calls 15p per min in UK and Europe

Text 5p per text in UK and Europe

Maybe we will see other ISP's changing their charges soon.

Not quite as good as 3's feel at home but a step in the right direction.

Get a GiffGaff SIM with lower charges

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
3 is 3p a min calls, 2ptext ,1p a mb so alot less can't see why to choose gifgaf!
We use Three but it depends on usage. There are other factors with Giffgaff like credits received for various reasons. One of our sons finds Giffgaff cheaper as a result.

I obtained a Giffgaff SIM for a big button phone for my Mum to use but she hardly used and it they nearly cancelled the account for non-usage. Because I raised the matter on their forum I ended up getting 15 quid which I had sent to my PayPal account but could have had it added to my Giffgaff account.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I just bought 3Gb of data on Three for £15 which works out as 0.5p per Mb.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I just bought 3Gb of data on Three for £15 which works out as 0.5p per Mb.

But you cannot use that abroad unless you are in a feel at home country.
It won't work in Portugal for instance, where many funsters are at present.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I got a sim only "all you can eat" tariff from 3 which works well, especially for keeping in contact when doing R2R, USA holiday and also New Zealand next year. :)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My wife's with 3 and she got phone turned off with out warning from 3 and we had only been in France for just over 2 months and not used phone much, phone wouldn't work at all.
I got her a Giffgaff sim and I have a spare Doug anybody wants one I can post it, you would get a free £5 credit and me too.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I think the issue with 'validity' is a bit hit or miss whilst in Europe - but I think the real issue might come when one attempts to too up your sim.

Tesco are apparently scrapping roaming charges...

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
My wife's with 3 and she got phone turned off with out warning from 3 and we had only been in France for just over 2 months and not used phone much, phone wouldn't work at all.
I got her a Giffgaff sim and I have a spare Doug anybody wants one I can post it, you would get a free £5 credit and me too.
Did you contact 3 and ask why?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Did you contact 3 and ask why?
Unless 3 have changed significantly since I was a customer, that would involve an hour and a half telephone call getting put through to the wrong departments until you lost the will to live!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Unless 3 have changed significantly since I was a customer, that would involve an hour and a half telephone call getting put through to the wrong departments until you lost the will to live!
Nope, still the same.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We use Three but it depends on usage. There are other factors with Giffgaff like credits received for various reasons. One of our sons finds Giffgaff cheaper as a result.

I obtained a Giffgaff SIM for a big button phone for my Mum to use but she hardly used and it they nearly cancelled the account for non-usage. Because I raised the matter on their forum I ended up getting 15 quid which I had sent to my PayPal account but could have had it added to my Giffgaff account.
Hi Graham

How do you find 3 phone coverage around your/our local are, looking at the map on the web it looks poor especially Stokesley.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The 3 deal is best for people heading to France or Spain.
Have 3 for my large phone that covered. It's for use in ipad for hospital visits to be honest.

The EE sim is valid for 90 days from when you start using it. My operation due next week now postponed:(

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham

How do you find 3 phone coverage around your/our local are, looking at the map on the web it looks poor especially Stokesley.

Martin
4G over most of Middlesbrough, including where we live in Acklam, Martin.

We've also found 3 to be best on our travels, far better than EE when we've compared them. I have some notes Here. We are at Dinarth Hall, Rhos on Sea, at the moment and receiving a good signal. Trying the antenna and MiFi in an elastic net attached to a well as an alternative to the photos on the web page.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
4G over most of Middlesbrough, including where we live in Acklam, Martin.

We've also found 3 to be best on our travels, far better than EE when we've compared them. I have some notes Here. We are at Dinarth Hall, Rhos on Sea, at the moment and receiving a good signal. Trying the antenna and MiFi in an elastic net attached to a well as an alternative to the photos on the web page.
Cheers Graham

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back