Trapped (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I recently had reason to climb into the garage of our Chic C-Line. It was blowing well outside and although the gas strut had clicked into the fully open position the wind caught the door and it slammed shut. It was then that I realised there are no internal latch/lock releases. Luckily SWMBO arrived with a cup of coffee and heard me call out. Be careful it could be you!

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I think there are many makes without internal release.
So very good point.

Mel

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Haha, that reminds me, a few years ago I had to climb into a rear locker on our yacht......... due to the depth and shape once in I could NOT get back out without help :eek:

To add insult to injury my daughter videoed my wife 'lifting' me out....... and sent it to all her/our friends :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Haha, that reminds me, a few years ago I had to climb into a rear locker on our yacht......... due to the depth and shape once in I could NOT get back out without help :eek:

To add insult to injury my daughter videoed my wife 'lifting' me out....... and sent it to all her/our friends :rolleyes:
... BIG mistake ... you now are duty bound to put it on Youtube for us all to see!!! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby once locked himself in the back of our car ... we had a dog guard up between the front and rear seats and he'd sat in the rear for some reason and shut the doors, only then did he realise that the child locks were on and he was trapped ... fortunately he had his phone with him so was able to ring me to let him out otherwise he could have been in there for ages!

Then there was the time that one of our dogs stepped on the driver's door locking button whilst we were outside which locked the whole MH including the habitation door ... with the keys inside!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
... BIG mistake ... you now are duty bound to put it on Youtube for us all to see!!! :LOL:

It was SO long ago Minxy that Youtube hadn't even been invented! Video long since deleted (thankfully;))

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yeah ... like we believe that ... I bet your daughter still has it ... :D

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
My wife was cleaning the horses stable out some years ago and the horse pushed the bolt across and locked her in lol.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
As of the above story that was 9.30 am i arrived home at 6.30 pm and released her .must admit i thought it was funny but dare not tell her for a long time lol.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Sadly two children suffocated in a locker of a camper many years ago at Sticklepath Okehampton Devon not far from us, every time we pass there I find myself thinking of them so sad.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My wife was cleaning the horses stable out some years ago and the horse pushed the bolt across and locked her in lol.
A goat would do that on purpose. Our Saanen used to jump our (6 foot) wall, walk 300 yards to the farm up the road, unlock the cattle food store, and help herself. Then she'd return home leaving only the unbolted cattle food store as evidence. Took us / farmer ages to work out what was going on .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back