Jumbo lvs Vanbitz Wooohooooo !!!! (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
As some of you may have read, our fab Jumbo was assaulted and we nearly lost him to thieves a few days ago :( !!!! Garage collected, replaced door and ignition locks and returned him this afternoon. We've got a wheel clamp on, but been advised was targeted !! Rang Vanbitz this morning and have been booked in for May for the Strikeback and non-starter. Feels like money for nothing after coming so close to losing our lovely, bespoke conversion !!!

Thank you all for advice over the last few days. We just have our fingers crossed no-one nicks him between now and May !!!! Thinking of removing the battery just in case !!!

Thanks again lovely funsters and spesh eddievanbitz. :wine::party3:

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
And I'm booked in for June - though I didn't know about the Funsters discount at the time of booking!:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
If you ask them nicely it may not be too late.(y)

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Had a change of mind and booked the Growler, so many fab things said about the whole system. Recommended to a friend who collects his campervan in Sept and have another colleague thinking hard about having at least the Strikeback and non-starter. Mentioned in a meeting in a school this afternoon, 2 peeps already had them fitted and had nothing but great things to say about the quality of service. A good decision it seems :)

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
I am booked in for July when we collect our new van to have a Growler fitted. Crossing off the days and planning Dorset tour whilst better half watching footie on TV

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I'm booked in for April after getting our new Motorhome - Growler, non starter and Battery Master (making use of the solar panel). Planning on touring Dorset/ New Forest after. Will feel a lot happier after these are fitted!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Will be contacting Eddie when we get new van in May for growler in September!

What do you want a Growler for? stick Steph in the van at night, no-one would dare take it then!:wink:

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
As some of you may have read, our fab Jumbo was assaulted and we nearly lost him to thieves a few days ago :( !!!! Garage collected, replaced door and ignition locks and returned him this afternoon. We've got a wheel clamp on, but been advised was targeted !! Rang Vanbitz this morning and have been booked in for May for the Strikeback and non-starter. Feels like money for nothing after coming so close to losing our lovely, bespoke conversion !!!

Thank you all for advice over the last few days. We just have our fingers crossed no-one nicks him between now and May !!!! Thinking of removing the battery just in case !!!

Just make sure you know how it works, as ours goes off often at night (own fault) honestly the alarm would wake the dead!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@eddievanbitz will see you right, by the way, Eddie for your info, our van doesn't leak anymore! (y)
While you are having the work done, I'd advise going into town, one of the guys will give you a lift. It's a wierd old place (the town that is), but me and the dog had a great time there! :D

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
@eddievanbitz will see you right, by the way, Eddie for your info, our van doesn't leak anymore! (y)
While you are having the work done, I'd advise going into town, one of the guys will give you a lift. It's a wierd old place (the town that is), but me and the dog had a great time there! :D
The hubbie is from there so know it quite well. If I can also get the day off with him, will be taking the bikes and onto the canal path. My in laws live in Huntworth on the actual canal, so a cuppa and a bit of exercise :D

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

For what its worth, in addition to the alarm, and whilst waiting to deter the thieves who may well strike again, have a removable steering wheel fitted, friend of mine has one on a Frankia/Fiat mh and best bit of deterrent I have seen in a long time, don't think thieves will be running about with a spare steering wheel :) in addition to removing the battery which is a very good idea, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back