Hello from a Newbie Rookie and Matilda (1 Viewer)

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi, I took the plunge and got Matilda last October when she told me I was to be her new Mummy! Matilda is a Eurostyle.
Matilda holds the current lap record for a Eurostyle at Donington for 2009; she completed the lap with her vents open and a coffee on the side... the coffee did not spill ... it is a slow lap record!
Me and Matilda can be seen appearing at race circuits for weekends where I have taken up motor race marshalling.... i am the one that will be dressed in orange looking like a satsuma! Matilda being obviously the Eurostyle!
We also appear at random around the UK just because it is there and we can. Though we could not find Birkenhead and ended up going through two tunnels and driving around Liverpool! we enjoyed that immensely but I was supposed to have a meeting in Birkenhead!
Me and Matilda have been out in harsh frosts, hail, sun, rain and wind... we love it!!!
If you see us please say hi...
Looking forward to many happy, nutty years out and about in Matilda.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, I took the plunge and got Matilda last October when she told me I was to be her new Mummy! Matilda is a Eurostyle.
Matilda holds the current lap record for a Eurostyle at Donington for 2009; she completed the lap with her vents open and a coffee on the side... the coffee did not spill ... it is a slow lap record!
Me and Matilda can be seen appearing at race circuits for weekends where I have taken up motor race marshalling.... i am the one that will be dressed in orange looking like a satsuma! Matilda being obviously the Eurostyle!
We also appear at random around the UK just because it is there and we can. Though we could not find Birkenhead and ended up going through two tunnels and driving around Liverpool! we enjoyed that immensely but I was supposed to have a meeting in Birkenhead!
Me and Matilda have been out in harsh frosts, hail, sun, rain and wind... we love it!!!
If you see us please say hi...
Looking forward to many happy, nutty years out and about in Matilda.

Well you are without doubt a FUN person. Without you there would be no race meetings, well done. I might be wrong but missing Birkenhead is not one of life's biggest tragedies, once it was a powerhouse of engineering, now, it's just the other end of a tunnel. Mind you, if you did go through 2 tunnels you must have visited Birkenhead, briefly.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Pixie2308 WELCOME:thumb::thumb:

You sound as mad as the rest of us here, you should feel at home.:winky:

Hope life continues to treat you well.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Well you are without doubt a FUN person. Without you there would be no race meetings, well done. I might be wrong but missing Birkenhead is not one of life's biggest tragedies, once it was a powerhouse of engineering, now, it's just the other end of a tunnel. Mind you, if you did go through 2 tunnels you must have visited Birkenhead, briefly.

:RollEyes: Don't knock it. We used to go on Holidays there before the Mother-In-Law moved and we discovered Spain. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. A BIG WELCOME pixie2308 to MotorhomeFUN.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:RollEyes: Don't knock it. We used to go on Holidays there before the Mother-In-Law moved and we discovered Spain. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. A BIG WELCOME pixie2308 to MotorhomeFUN.

Oh OK, confession time, all the time we were in Torre del Mar I was saying, "eh up, it's not like Birkenhead is it".

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the Chat Lynne, I wonder if we will see you at Shepton Mallet, after our chat last night I did add you to the would like to come list, hee hee

<Link Removed>

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Pixie, Welcome to Motorhome FUN, you sound like you qualify for membership based on that one post alone ::bigsmile:

So you couldn't find Birkenhead - Join the club, I tried the same thing in 1992 and failed - I don't think they let loonies like us in :ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome lynne (pixie) glad you have arrived and posted, mabe you didnt find birkenhead but you found the cliffs near the cc site

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Chatter.. they were not just any cliffs .... they were the impressive 60 foot cliffs of The Wirral!!!!! and they were ....errmmm impressive!:Eeek:

i forgot to add Matilda does not like trees! she has taken several .. they will live but only just!!!:ROFLMAO:

You cant miss us .... she has my motto "eat my fairydust" in big pink letters across the back!:thumb:

September 11th weekend is a no can do! my turn to feed the cats, the parrots and play with my grandson and eat inappropriate food and lots of crisps and feed the ducks and play trains! cant wait

Last edited:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past

Join us or log in to post a reply.