Windscreen prices (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have read several posts about the cost of replacement windscreens for an A Class. Our Rapido A Class has a claim limit of £3000 with Comfort insurance is this enough? Has anyone had a replacement screen on a Rapido and how much did it cost.

Spongy

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Ours has a £1,000 limit with Comfort. For an A-Class £300 sounds way too low, since it is speciality glass!

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Songy
Do as I did before I renewed with Comfort I phoned a dealer and asked. With your Rapido try Brownhills to see if it could be replced ( hopefully never ) within the £3000 limit, if not get a Insurance quote for just the windscreen replacement .
Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I have read several posts about the cost of replacement windscreens for an A Class. Our Rapido A Class has a claim limit of £3000 with Comfort insurance is this enough? Has anyone had a replacement screen on a Rapido and how much did it cost.

Spongy
If my memory serves me correctly, when I checked with Brownhills for our Rapido A class, they told me about £1800, might be worth giving them a ring just to be certain.
Cheers
Ed

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Just had mine replaced about a month ago and just had my renewal notice 999 pounds on the notice Rapido 966m
Neil

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have a £100 excess on my policy. Had it replaced last year by Autoglass £80,,,£20 saved. It pays to ring around before commiting to your insurance co. BUSBY.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Check your policy. I'm with Comfort as well and I have unlimited windscreen cover. It's just a £3000 limit before it affects my no claims bonus.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi Nick Nick. Thanks for that info I will check my policy regarding my £3000 limit.
It would appear from other postings that my limit is more than adequate.

Thanks for all your replies

Spongy

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Spongy
Hi Spongy, I have a Frankia 2001 A class and is almost identical at the front end as a Rapido, anyway, I had a windscreen go last year on way home in France and they (Comfort ins) were very good, when I phoned them from France told them needed new screen (was ok and legal and safe to drive) and they simply gave me a number to ring I think it was Auto glass and spoke to them and they arranged for new screen to be fitted when I got home, but had to wait a week as new screen had to come from Belgium, but all fitted and done and cost me £75 excess that's all and the cost on the invoice was £3005 pounds (Phew) thank goodness for Comfort ins so overall I think you are ok, but to be sure phone up Auto glass and ask them for a quote for new windscreen and give them the numbers you find on the windscreen usually found imprinted in the screen on the bottom right hand corner looking from the outside in. Also just renewed my mh insurance in Feb this year and no change in my premium so result, and happy with Comfort ins and the staff that I dealt with when screen went and on renewal of policy. Also Comfort allows me to be away abroad for up to 8 months in one go in any one year so very good on that score.
Good luck regards Garry Flatpackchicken

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi Gary flatpackchicken
Thanks for the info I am glad that Comfort Ins were good to deal with, sounds as though I should be ok with a £3000 limit, although if it comes direct from Rapido I would probally need to add another 0

All the best
Spongy

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
IMG_0218 (2).jpg

Within eye line so if this had been 2mm larger it would have written off the whole of my Rapido A screen. Comfort charge £10 for the fix and you now cannot tell where the mark was.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
View attachment 96542

Within eye line so if this had been 2mm larger it would have written off the whole of my Rapido A screen. Comfort charge £10 for the fix and you now cannot tell where the mark was.
At least with a lowprofile you only have to get the standard FIAT, MB etc screen and they are dear enough. Transit one like mine is as cheap as chips(fraudian slip?) as there are so many around you can get one at every windscreen stockist ,off the shelf.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Safeguard have no upper limit and doesnt effect NCB at any level.
£75 excess and no limit on claim recurrence.
Had my rv insured with them and this was one of the main reasons why.
Not the cheapest by far but well worth the higher premium.
Had I needed a screen each half of the split screen was between £2500 and £3000.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My last van was a Tabbert FFB 1990 (like a Hymer - ish). Around 5 years ago I had a stone chip that instantly turned into a 10" crack. I hadn't checked my insurance so just assumed I was covered with the standard windscreen cover. I rang the insurance company who told me to ring their dedicated w'screen line. I did so & it turned out to be Autoglass - who listened to my explanation then asked me to ring my insurance company for authorisation. This I did & the person on the other end simply put me back through to Autoglass. This happened a couple of times so I rang my broker who sorted it with the insurance company. The upshot was a replacement screen ordered from Germany (2 week wait) then fitted by Autoglass. When I asked them what it had cost they said £2300. I just had to pay the excess which IIRC was under £100.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have recently had problems with a replacement screen, and after screen No4 (a genuine Hymer screen) all is sorted. Autoglass Commercial were fitting a patterned part, but having to pack it out top and bottom with a sort of wax twine. According to the fitters, these patterned part screens (about £900) cost much less than the genuine article, (about £2500, which is stamped, and is always an exact fit), and they are forever having problems with them, especially in the A Class Hymers, etc. It was there advice that I insisted on a genuine screen, and although I had quite a wait, that's what I got in the end. (y) Im' just so glad I wasn't paying for it though. :eek:

We are with Comfort too. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back