Satelite reception during Our Winter tour of France,Spain & Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thought this may be useful for anyone considering satelite systems ours is Dealer fitted system as stated below.

We have been on the road since Sunday 24/1/16 travelling through France into Spain and Portugal and received signal using an Alden automatic Onelite 60 satellite dish and Sky Pace box All sky channels including the BBC & ITV stations in following stops,where there are variations we have listed them.

Bellicourt,Northern France

Langres, Champagne

Givry, Burgundy

Vienne, Rhone Alps.

Still receiving most Sky channels on locations below.

Aniane,Mediterranean,France. No BBC or ITV most of Sky channels available
Port La Nouvelle,Perpignan. No BBC or ITV most of Sky channels available

We will be travelling along the coast Westwards through Spain into Portugal over the next three months and will report our success or failures en route.

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I think you're in for a blank screen unless you have a Sky " robbery" card
or a 3 metre dish. Good luck anyway and I look forward to your reports.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
(y)
I think you're in for a blank screen unless you have a Sky " robbery" card
or a 3 metre dish. Good luck anyway and I look forward to your reports.
I do have a 1.2m free standing dish with me but hoping I won't need to use it. WATCH THIS SPACE!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
(y)Today at Blanes East of Barcelona.
Sat dish locked to Astra and receiving no BBC or ITV.most Sky channels available. Parked amongst trees as well.(y)

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:whew:We have now made our way Down to Cabo de Gata and here is reception at various stops.
Tortosa:- very few programmes on sky however could get 85 channels on our Cello traveller tv only a few in English
Ibi:- as above
Cabo de Gata:- as above have now set up ground standing 1.2m dish using Sky box can get most sky programmes except of course BBC & ITV. Sun has been shining but a little chilly in the wind better than being in UK though.
We are staying here for around four weeks so no more reports for a while.:whew:

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:sun:Now moved to near Hinojos,near Donana national park,cannot get many English channels on Alden 60 dish,tried 1.2 freestanding dish can get lock onto Astra 2 and receive 425 channels mostly German very few English and certainly no signal for Sky box.
Resorted to watching dvd's anyway it's to nice to be watching telly nice warm days great for getting around Donana birding a bit chilly over night but soon warms up when sun gets above the trees,not moving for another three weeks then heading for Castro Verde, Portugal.
Watch this space:sun:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
:sun:Now moved to near Hinojos,near Donana national park,cannot get many English channels on Alden 60 dish,tried 1.2 freestanding dish can get lock onto Astra 2 and receive 425 channels mostly German very few English and certainly no signal for Sky box.
Resorted to watching dvd's anyway it's to nice to be watching telly nice warm days great for getting around Donana birding a bit chilly over night but soon warms up when sun gets above the trees,not moving for another three weeks then heading for Castro Verde, Portugal.
Watch this space:sun:
You may find the signal issue is because 50 French vans have now parked 2mm away from you......go check ;)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Just back from Albufeira on the Algarve and using my automatic 85cm dish with autoskew could most Sky channels and of the ones not available the +1 hour were .
Also all Sky sports and movies available plus all Discovery channels and History and of course Sky news

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Also further to my last post we had ITV Scotland as far down as Caceres plus all Sky were currently in Oliva and BBC 1 , ITV 1, 2+1 , 3 & 4 also channel 4HD available and all the 5s

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You may find the signal issue is because 50 French vans have now parked 2mm away from you......go check ;)
Had a Quick look but no there is not one French van out there they don't like paying to stop we are at a new site Los Donarrayon about 7km from El Rocio and very nice it is to once established I think it will be quite popular.:sun:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
(y)
I do have a 1.2m free standing dish with me but hoping I won't need to use it. WATCH THIS SPACE!(y)

No way will that be big enough in Spain. Most hire locally if on site for a month at least. Massive dishes....I'm amazed when touring people bother with TV. ....life to short:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
No way will that be big enough in Spain. Most hire locally if on site for a month at least. Massive disheI'm amazed when touring people bother with TV. ....life to short:)
Worked well in Cabo de Gata we like to have it for dark evenings as it can be quite cold at night down here at this time of the year and we don't go dining out a lot.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well we have moved around a bit since my last post firstly the municipal site at Castro Verde, Portugal Alden 60cm dish locked onto Astra 2 received around 80 channels mostly foreign could get Euronews, movies4men & movies4men+1.stayed six nights for €60 good value.
Moved onto Caceres now and same dish locks on Astra 2 receives sky and can get a good variety of channels however not BBC & ITV nothing new there then, it's been raining on and off since we arrived and doesn't look like changing for the rest of this week! Still got some telly to watch and it's warmer than being at home I suppose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back