Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Sorry for the profanity:Sad:

Parking up today I managed to pull the rear skirt trim off the MH :cry:. Fortunately all the wiring is ok, just one of the parking sensors with a broken cable. We've managed to get some longer screws with repair washers as a temporary fix at the sides but now I need to find some longer self-tapping hex head bolts and washers to refit the rear - hopefully that should hold it. I reckon then that some silicon sealant and the job will be done.

Meant to be heading off to Scotland on Friday and I'm stuck at work all week so it's going to be interesting.

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
The joys of having a motorhome with a 60% rear overhang.

Took mine off - or at least hinged it back and up - in a creek crossing in the middle of the Atlas Mountains and it has been held on with duct tape ever since. Duct tape is a perfect match so looks OK from far enough away.
Twice since then I have been driving in places Mr Hobby didn't intend his MHs to go and twice it has been hinged back and up. My next and permanent fix will be to fit springs to hold it in place so that when the inevitable happens, it will just snap back into place.

Fitting brackets and longer screws and more screws just makes it certain that next time it happens it will do a lot more damage than just pulling a skirt off. Next time it could take some expensive panels with it.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I would have lost my rear skirt a dozen time if it were not for the Tow bar frame the protects it.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back