LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have to agree. I contacted @Addie on a Sun night while he was at the NEC and he still replied within a matter of minutes.

His aftercare is right up there along with the aftercare Ive received in the past from Avtex. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I haven't had cause to use his equipment much but it worked very well on the odd occasion I've used it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Talking of which :whistle:
A little help would be much appreciated here, I have been meaning to ask this question for months but have felt toooo embarrassed to ask :unsure:
I bought a Huawei 5332 from Adam a couple of years ago and except for the one time in France I have had little success with it so , the question or two is,
Does a sim card 'run out' after a certain period of time,
I am unable to remember which of the many cables I possess actually charges the damn thing, can I simply use my phone charger which has the same connection.
Away to hide my head in shame here :rolleyes:
Norman.

P.S Dont' have much success on dating sites either but that is for another time perhaps :whistle::whistle:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Norman I find any lead that is the same charges it, whether this be right or wrong all I can say is "It works" Depending on the sim it does run out. Theres no such Q as a dumb one and if you read on you and hopefully others might learn from this.

@Addie apologies for sending you my unit which did appear to have gone faulty. When you returned it nothing had changed so close inspection of the long wire revealed it had been melted by my gas fire. Hope everyone else checks this first!

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A little help would be much appreciated here, I have been meaning to ask this question for months but have felt toooo embarrassed to ask :unsure:
I bought a Huawei 5332 from Adam a couple of years ago and except for the one time in France I have had little success with it so , the question or two is,
I am unable to remember which of the many cables I possess actually charges the damn thing, can I simply use my phone charger which has the same connection.
Away to hide my head in shame here :rolleyes:
Norman.

P.S Dont' have much success on dating sites either but that is for another time perhaps :whistle::whistle:
Yes....and yes.

If you dont make or recieve a call or text within 6 months on a PAYG sim the number is seen as inactive and is cancelled and any credit remaining is lost.

If your phone charger has the same USB plug then yes, you can use ANY cable with the correct plug and a USB wall plug....or even a computer USB socket..

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Depends entirely on the provider, some will expire the card and take your money, I think 3 do this. Others remain active indefinitely. I just used a T-Mobile SIM that I haven't used for 3 years with no problem. Also have a Belgian one from 'Mobile Vikings' highly recommended by the way, that never expires, just top up when needed.

Yes, if it fits, it will charge it. I believe that model has the standard mini usb connector, which is fairly well used. Just find a charger and you are good to go :D

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sophie and I really do pride ourselves on being able to give good and fast customer support - but please give us the opportunity to do so by Contacting Us via the website: http://www.motorhomewifi.com/contact-us/ should you require any assistance with any aspect of the products we offer both in pre or post sales support.

@TUCANO - PLEASE contact us via the website so we can help you, or if you are at one of the many outdoor motorhome shows come over and see us with the device and we'll take a look at it for you. That's probably the easiest course of action as without know which SIM card you have, its difficult to know if its expired. I can give you a replacement Three or EE SIM card for free - just come and ask us :)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
As has been stated already most sims have a time limit. I have a Huawei 5332 which I use with a recently purchased iBoost. Works superbly. Tried it at home initially where I could pick up about 6 neighbouring networks. Once I used iBoost connected to my 5332 there were 14 networks with usable signals even though I have the directional model and had not bothered to aim it specifically. On site last week it greatly improved the wifi reception. It is expensive but it does what it says and is well made.

Three network has data sims available at the moment 12gb lasting for 12 months from the date of first use for £30. They have the advantage that you can use them in 18 countries abroad as though you were in the UK.

MH wifi gives great service and always respond to queries very quickly. I also have an aerial bought from them for use with 5332 where mobile signals are weak. Used it for 2 years now and same comments apply. A bit expensive but well made and works brilliantly. It just sits on the roof when on site.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Norman I find any lead that is the same charges it, whether this be right or wrong all I can say is "It works" Depending on the sim it does run out. Theres no such Q as a dumb one and if you read on you and hopefully others might learn from this.

@Addie apologies for sending you my unit which did appear to have gone faulty. When you returned it nothing had changed so close inspection of the long wire revealed it had been melted by my gas fire. Hope everyone else checks this first!

The text in red was amended for accuracy. (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have a 3 sim, still valid despite having not been used for some time? it came with an old "dongle" now some 5+ or more years old!. When I go on the 3 website it clearly says "does not expire" I use it about once a year, part of that has to do with the fact there is NO (3) signal where I LIVE!. But it is useful "on the road".

Pete

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I have contacted Addie as he requested so I should be up and running again, soon, maybe, but in what direction, which way did I come in :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back