Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My van has NEVER been so clean and tidy, it has been buffed and then Hard waxed then finish polished and actually gleams in the sun I have cleaned it all over and spent two days on it. The garage is empty and the inside clean and tidy, She has never been as nice.
WHY? you cry. It is because tomorrow the man from Motorhomedepot is coming to take pictures for the adverts. I am selling her if I can, and that looks to be the best way as they can give finance to the potential buyer that I cannot.
I will be getting the money from the sale of my bungalow soon as it is sold subject to contract so I will regain all my tied up savings plus a bit more. I have decided the I do want a new motorhome. The actual modeand type, is what?
I want a MB sprinter chassis with auto box, and the Autosleeper Beckford I had negotiated a REALLY GOOD price on has been grabbed by someone else, I was just too long waiting for the house sale. Alternative is a Lunar ELS and there is one that I can get for £60000 but do not like the inside trim as the S model is too dark and a bit dismal, the other EL has no aircon and other bits I want but is lighter trim and very pleasant. Another alternative is the buying a Hymer ML-T from europe but they do not have the open area inside that I want as the fixed beds take up room, but it is cheaper than the Lunar and a Hymer for the resale value when I sell up at the end. Or there is a Hymer B 544 from Germany a bit more but loads of room and a drop down bed which might be hard to get in and out of.And it is a bit heavy for the future licencing .
Argghh! what do I do ? decisions decisions, I sell mine and cannot go anywhere, or even to a show , until I get a replacement.All is waiting to get the cash back in the account and all the time the exchange rate is dropping.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Whatever you do, don't compromise too much. Sod's law says two weeks after you do, you'll see the "Perfect" van and waste loads of money selling yours to buy it. (the voice of experience) Best of luck in your search (y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have both gone a little past the spring chicken stage but found the B544 on the new model no problem getting in and out of and its a cracking mhome.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
That was a year ago what has happened since then? They are a series if franchisees who use the company name and resources to sell as independent sellers. How do I find out what the current position is. I do have the van and will not let it go until the money is in my bank. [

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have done it now, it is on their site for £21995, Chausson Oddesey. It looks absolutely beautiful to me now so I might have to make a bid!!!!!! I did spend a lot of time waxing that huge area of paneling and used a whole tin of hard wax plus a half bottle of resin polish with a lot of rubbing first. then the inside cleaned and polished. It looked so nice gleaming in the winter sun.
He does reckon it will sell but that could be sales talk, and he did offer to buy it for his own stock but a bit lower than I wanted to go, as he said he would have to finance it himself. so wanted a bigger return.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
However the google maps for the dodgy one and the picture on the advert is the same building in Mansfield.
They will not get the van until I have the cash IN THE BANK. whatever!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back