Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
7 years
Hi.Off to France on 22nd August.Can anybody recommend tried and tested sites for a 36ft American RV.We usually use the Castels sites but they are expensive at this time of the year as we will be 4 x adults and 1 x lovely dog!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
What part of France ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi.Off to France on 22nd August.Can anybody recommend tried and tested sites for a 36ft American RV.We usually use the Castels sites but they are expensive at this time of the year as we will be 4 x adults and 1 x lovely dog!

Been many times with a 32 and then a 34 footer + motrobike rack (so approx 36ft).
Never used anything other than municiples and never had a problem.:thumb:
"Castles" cost a bomb IMHO.:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Been many times with a 32 and then a 34 footer + motrobike rack (so approx 36ft).
Never used anything other than municiples and never had a problem.:thumb:
"Castles" cost a bomb IMHO.:Eeek:

Hi Zazkar, would certainly agree about the cost of Castles.. we generally use aires..

if you pass on details of any municipals that can defo take a 36ftooter I'll add them to the afore mentioned map .. much appreciated.

jim

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi Zazkar, would certainly agree about the cost of Castles.. we generally use aires..

if you pass on details of any municipals that can defo take a 36ftooter I'll add them to the afore mentioned map .. much appreciated.

jim

Blimey mate! I'll have to trawl my memory banks!:ROFLMAO:
ffi's probably the one to ask but I'll gladly see what I can come up with. :thumb:
In all honesty, in 10 years of RV ownership, I can only think of one or two instances when we couldn't actually get on the Municiple we were heading for that day.
Having said that, ffi' and i always do last week Aug/first week Sept cos we like it quiet.
I'll see what I can come up with.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Blimey mate! I'll have to trawl my memory banks!:ROFLMAO:
ffi's probably the one to ask but I'll gladly see what I can come up with. :thumb:
In all honesty, in 10 years of RV ownership, I can only think of one or two instances when we couldn't actually get on the Municiple we were heading for that day.
Having said that, ffi' and i always do last week Aug/first week Sept cos we like it quiet.
I'll see what I can come up with.:thumb:

No problem mate, see if you can muster up a couple when you are away .. have a good one ..

jim

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
2 municipals would take a large outfit - Malicorne about 20 miles SW. OF Le Mans a delightful site on the banks of a river , Falaise in Normandy closish to Caen site itself good a little tight but manouevrable for immediate access , private site in Brittany called Le Valeen near to Tregastel - excellent position . Municipals approx 20 euro max (4 people+dogs) Valeen probably about 25 max. Obviously many hundreds more to choose from if you narrow it down a bit more:Smile: Alan

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
2 municipals would take a large outfit - Malicorne about 20 miles SW. OF Le Mans a delightful site on the banks of a river , Falaise in Normandy closish to Caen site itself good a little tight but manouevrable for immediate access , private site in Brittany called Le Valeen near to Tregastel - excellent position . Municipals approx 20 euro max (4 people+dogs) Valeen probably about 25 max. Obviously many hundreds more to choose from if you narrow it down a bit more:Smile: Alan

Hi

I've tried to locate the two municipals on Google map but the resolution isn't clear enough to locate exactly without an address, can you have a look and give me the GPS ? If you click on the location then click 'where is' the GPS will go into the address bar

I think this is it at Malicone

Malicorne - Google Maps

but no idea where the site is in Falaise

Falaise - Google Maps

cheers

jim

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Decent RV-orietated site...capable of taking any size RV...reasonable prices....where else but Parc Verger!!!!! Ask the RVers on site at present for the meet, they'll tell you.:winky:

Come on down, we'll be delighted to see you.

Bob and Di

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Malicorne =correct , Falaise -dunno how to get coords of Google map but address is Rue Val d'ante --- its very close walkable into Falaise itself approx. 20km south of Caen a fairly largish town N158 is close. I will try to find the one near to Tregastel because its excellent---- its close to the village of Plougrescant,Cotes d'Amor. I have these in a book but after a quick argument we cannot find the book ah well ,i will post it asap.:cry::cry:Alan sorry Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Malicorne =correct , Falaise -dunno how to get coords of Google map but address is Rue Val d'ante --- its very close walkable into Falaise itself approx. 20km south of Caen a fairly largish town N158 is close. I will try to find the one near to Tregastel because its excellent---- its close to the village of Plougrescant,Cotes d'Amor. I have these in a book but after a quick argument we cannot find the book ah well ,i will post it asap.:cry::cry:Alan sorry Jim

No probs Alan .

Is this the one at Falaise ? Looks a bit tight for a 36footer

Rue Val d'ante Falaise - Google Maps

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Found it

Camping Le Varlen ,4 Pors Hir ,22820 Plougrescant, France -15 we had to make up to find it :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Camping Le Varlen ,4 Pors Hir ,22820 Plougrescant, France -15 we had to make up to find it :Smile:

Hi .. cheers found it, great location but looks tight, as you say 25ft max, so I won't put it on the RV map .. it's in the black book for later use .. :winky:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Camping+Le+Varlen+,4+Pors+Hir+,22820+Plougrescant,+France+-15&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.35421,35.288086&ie=UTF8&ll=48.853506,-3.246868&spn=0.001542,0.004308&t=h&z=18
jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back