LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We don't have a passenger door, ours is lhd(y)(y)(y)
But I don't think you can lock it any other way...

OP
OP
M

Michael Cooper

Free Member
Mar 6, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The passenger door, there is no key slot or internal button, not like on my 9048 which had the old fashion button to push down. I have read some where that Rapido fit a small slot on the inside of the door whereby you can push in a key which locks the door when you close it, but I cannot see this slot.
You may be asking why do I want to lock the door without central locking, well 2 reasons. Firstly as this is a foreign buildl the hab door is on the right, so if you are parked and seating outside the opposite side to the passenger door you cannot lock the door for security from the inside without using the central locking, which means you have to close the hab dooras well?. Also if you disconnected the battery how can you lock this door.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Ah. Now we know the reason why you want to do the door lock.
Try this. Lock the van with the remote,whilst in the van, but deactivate the alarm. Then open the Hab door to get out. The drivers/passenger stays locked. Well it does on ours. Or use the red key on the Hab door to unlock from out side.
The Hab door handle pushes forward to lock internally, don't know if it's same for other door though.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We do have the button on ours but we also fitted a Fiamma security lock on the outside which we keep locked at all times when parked up ,works a treat lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back