Caravan Club - the costly way to camp (1 Viewer)

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
Just booked 3 nights with CC at clumber park week after Easter - 3 adults 2 grandkids 1 motorhome = £140.00

why oh why is it so expensive to camp in UK ? or is it the Yorkshireman in me that's the problem.

cannot wait to get across the water and enjoy my motorhoming without being charged the earth.

Love taking the grandkids and would never not go BUT .............................

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just booked 3 nights with CC at clumber park week after Easter - 3 adults 2 grandkids 1 motorhome = £140.00

why oh why is it so expensive to camp in UK ? or is it the Yorkshireman in me that's the problem.

cannot wait to get across the water and enjoy my motorhoming without being charged the earth.

Love taking the grandkids and would never not go BUT .............................

Ouch !!! .not good for families,but Clumber park is one of the most popular sites ,so suppose the can get away with robbing families to camp . Roy

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Why do you use CC sites?

There are plenty of CL/CS sites around and even private sites which are a lot cheaper than CC and C&CC sites!
Unless you have to be right in Clumber Park, in which case it's supply and demand!
Never could see the attraction of Clumber Park itself, and the CC site in particular!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
2 ADULTS + 2 GRANDKIDS for 3 nights £28.50... ALL IN..

MCC rally. :)
Lots of company, inc kids so they have someone to play with.
Based at Rugby club with full use of showers and toilets.
Use of main hall / room for daytime and evening get togethers,
Local town a bus ride away, or a 30 min steady walk.
Local take aways will deliver.

No EHU but thats what the solar and batteries are for... Get clubbing.....
Just need the weather now..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are intending going to either Beverley or Catterick with the C&CC over Easter weekend. It will be £6 or £7 a night depending which one we go to.

Book a popular site at a busy time of year and it's no surprise that prices won't be discounted.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
"Ouch !!! .not good for families,but Clumber park is one of the most popular sites ,so suppose the can get away with robbing families to camp . Roy"

And just for the unwary. Clumber Park provide bike sheds because the locals take advantage of it's Sherwood Forest roots (sic) and squirrel those bikes not VERY securely locked, away.
You have been warned!!!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We normally wild camp when and where we can now, but have just walked through the door after a 4 day trip around the Lake District, had to go on a site for one night to empty and fill up an have a chill - was a little surprised by the nearly £30 per night charge, just makes me wanna keep away from sites now.. I just dont beleive that its value for money.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
We normally wild camp when and where we can now, but have just walked through the door after a 4 day trip around the Lake District, had to go on a site for one night to empty and fill up an have a chill - was a little surprised by the nearly £30 per night charge, just makes me wanna keep away from sites now.. I just dont beleive that its value for money.

High prices keep the riffraff out , simples . ;)

Deleted User
If the site is full when you get there then the CC have got the price right. In a market economy that's how it works....unfortunately.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
If the site is full when you get there then the CC have got the price right. In a market economy that's how it works....unfortunately.

Why unfortunately?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The CC have seen generally increasing prices year on year for some time. and so have the CCC. Discounts are rarely available except outside the peak periods, which always coincide with "School Breaks".

It`s a reflection of 2 things IMV. The so called Market economy, (what the punters will stand for!) and the inflated cost of "environmental" issues. ie, disposal of "comercial" waste is now at an all time high with increasing costs in the pipeline. Water supply costs are rising. along with sewage charges, Commercial (Business) rates are on the up. Power Supply and the inspection regime required is an increasing cost. Nothing has stayed still, and the increasing volume of "administration" within the two organisations has an effect!. Funny thing that, more use of IT seems to require more not less bodies / costs?. Much like local councils!.

The average CL or CS has a much lower on-cost for such things, and most see the "income stream" as pocket money rather than true income, some, especially publicans, even see it as a "loss leader" for their other business`.

Pete

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
if you think thats expensive try switzerland £40.00 one night no electric !! basic services lake geneva total rip off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back