Awning privacy room advice please (1 Viewer)

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi , looking at buying a fiamma privacy room and just need some advice on what size.
The fiamma awning from underside To floor is 250, so can I buy a medium which is 225-250 ? Not sure if that allows for the skirt the large is 251-280 .
Thanks Diane

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Hi , looking at buying a fiamma privacy room and just need some advice on what size.
The fiamma awning from underside To floor is 250, so can I buy a medium which is 225-250 ? Not sure if that allows for the skirt the large is 251-280 .
Thanks Diane
Talk to Johns Cross Motors they will give you the right advice and the right price!

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thinks carefully about the privacy rooms.. You see so many people trying to sell them once they find they are heavy etc.
If your pitching up for a while then great but if its only for a few days at a time then consider something like a porch awning..
Kampa motor rally, something like that..

Check out selling sites and ebay as you often see these rooms for sale..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Diane .. I have one of these that I bought for my old van. My understanding is that the small / med / large is the height of the van. Assuming that you have the correct awning (Fiamma) and whether its clip etc a larger privacy room will fit a smaller van but the top / bottom of the windows will not be parallel with the ground. You are welcome to pop over and have a look - pm me if you would like to and we can make a plan. Rob

Upvote 0

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have just purchased a lamprey motor rally pro air awning might be worth a look no poles involved and Easy to put up

Upvote 0

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have just purchased a lamprey motor rally pro air awning might be worth a look no poles involved and Easy to put up
Kamper motor rally pro

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thinks carefully about the privacy rooms.. You see so many people trying to sell them once they find they are heavy etc.
If your pitching up for a while then great but if its only for a few days at a time then consider something like a porch awning..
Kampa motor rally, something like that..

Check out selling sites and ebay as you often see these rooms for sale..
Hi, thanks you have made me think twice about buying one, i might give it a year and see how we go

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Diane .. I have one of these that I bought for my old van. My understanding is that the small / med / large is the height of the van. Assuming that you have the correct awning (Fiamma) and whether its clip etc a larger privacy room will fit a smaller van but the top / bottom of the windows will not be parallel with the ground. You are welcome to pop over and have a look - pm me if you would like to and we can make a plan. Rob
Thanks Rob that's really kind of you, if I decide to go with it I will take you up on the offer

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The Kampa Motor Rally Air inflatable awning is the way to go. We erected ours some five months ago now at the start of our winter visit to Spain. During this time the awning has been subjected to a deluge of torrential rain which lasted for 24 hours. After the rain left it was buffeted by 60 mph gusts of wind throughout the duration of our visit. It has withstood all that the Spanish winter could possibly have thrown at it. During this time it has stood solid as a rock. Not a cheap item by any means, but in my opinion it has been well worth the expense..
Brisey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelight Duo drive away awning and we were in Spain for a month or more over the Xmas to end of Jan and had no problems at all plenty of guy ropes to anchor everything down was put up in 1/4 hr.There web site is www.outdoor-revolution.com,drive away and reattach is very easy 10 /10

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back