Free Member
Mar 5, 2016
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Coach built Hymer
Exp
Absolute beginner
Hello everyone, March is going to be the longest month ever as we have just spent our 3 kids inheritance. Last week we ordered our motorhome for collection on 1st April. We have had a static caravan on the beach at Tywyn (mid Wales) One of my interests is video, you can see my walk along the beach here our static is one of those about 3 minutes in.

We have often talked about touring, last year my wife said she fancied a motorhome, the seed probably sown at the Caravan & Motorhome Show at the NEC in February last year. We went just for a day out - as you do, and were totally overwhelmed. With the seed now germinating we went to a motorhome show in Stafford just down the road in the summer. It was there where we realised my idea of a motorhome (Mazda Bongo conversion) and my wife's were about £50,000 apart so we gave up the idea. However the touring itch was now established, so I convinced my bride to try towing a touring van. I bought a complete outfit, 12 year old Avondale, awning the works to give it a go. She likes touring but hates towing.

So with time on our hands off we went to the NEC about a week ago, and spent a few hours looking at motor homes - with no budget and no intention of buying. We saw some very VERY nice vans. It would seem the gap between our ideas about motorhomes was closing.

After some serious conversation, about what we want out of life, a health scare, which turned out to be not so serious after all, and the realisation I'm 70 in 6 years time, HELL!
Lets just do it! We went over to Travel World in Telford to look at a used van and ended up with a new 2015 Hymer with a cracking discount.
So far this week I've had to call the salesman to order a cycle rack (wind out awning was ordered on the day) and we have been to Go Outdoors for a few essentials. One of our first trips out will be to Van Bitz for an alarm. But before that maybe a test run to the Caravan Club site at Southport.

We are hoping, no we are going to tour the UK this year, as a test run for the continent next year. We have friends in Scotland and Cornwall we would like to visit and look forward to meeting some of you at a rally somewhere over the coming months.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your choice of van, I`m sure you won`t be dissapointed.
The world is now you lobster.
We did our first run out of the year last weekend to Castleton CC which is a great site in a beautiful area. Chatsworth CC is also highly recommended, neither very far away from us, or you !
Hope to bump into you sometime, I`ll be scouring the streets with envious eyes looking for a shiny new Hymer !
Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome and it sounds as if we are the same age. Thanks for reminding me I will be 70 in 6 years! :)

Enjoy your new MH, not long to wait but do consider getting over the Channel, France is very MH friendly and they'll still let us visit even if we vote to leave the EU.

I hope. :LOL:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Good for you both, I hope you have some enjoyable trips(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
we have just spent our 3 kids inheritance
That's what it's for, isn't it?
(i can say that, I have no kids!!! :D )
Welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-3-5_19-53-34.png

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:hiya2:
From East Sussex and
:welcome4:
We spent our kids inheritance too :LOL:
Well, we worked hard for it :rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
Mr Mike

Mr Mike

Free Member
Mar 5, 2016
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Coach built Hymer
Exp
Absolute beginner
Not quite sure what I'm doing re- the conversation, but yes filmed with a DJI Phantom quadcopter. The plan was to walk along the beach and fly every 10 mins or so to film. When I got half way I didn't stop the camera when I landed the quad. So the next time I flew it I stopped the camera instead of starting it. And so it went on till I got back. Most of the footage from the halfway was of my feet walking. Went back the next day to do it again :madder:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back