Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hi,
I'm considering making a parking area for the MH on part of the lawn. Has anyone used plastic paving to protect the grass and stop the MH from sinking? I could gravel an area but I would rather keep the grass if I can. I have been looking at the products of a company called Tenax on the web.:active:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Its a good product - relies on the quality of the hardcore etc underneath to make sure it does not sink.

Two things to bear in mind - the grass won't grow where the sun dont shine - so if the motorhome is there 24/7 you will end up with a bald patch of grass so gravel is king.

If you are seldom there the grass will grow well - you wont be there to mow the grass and what on earth did you want a parking space for if you are not there ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Would use gravel every time on a membrane, water can pass through it and if weeds do grow a quick dose of weed killer job done.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,
I'm considering making a parking area for the MH on part of the lawn. Has anyone used plastic paving to protect the grass and stop the MH from sinking? I could gravel an area but I would rather keep the grass if I can. I have been looking at the products of a company called Tenax on the web.:active:

We've used rolls of plastic mesh from:

Link Removed

Works. Though it is a bit slippy underfoot.

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Thanks for the replies. I'll check these products out. :thumb: We just need it so we can move the MH off the drive to allow additonal parking when all the kids come home.

Thanks again
Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back