Peugeot 1.9 turbo engine. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi, has any one any experience of this engine in their motorhome,,,is it reliable,,economical and what is the power like,,,thanks BUSBY.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I have a 1.9TiD in the car and very nice it is too. Ideal for the weight of a small convertible, but pulling a motorhome....not so sure.

Of course they can change the gear ratios and power output, but I still believe it's at least 500cc short of power.

Just my belief really, I'm sure someone will pop along soon and let you know how they perform, gauged on power to weight ratios etc :)

the outlawes

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
diss norfolk
Funster No
MH
auto roller
Exp
im a newbie
Its ok just rev it a bit and go through the gears, drop down and give it a bit of welly for the hills . It does the job if your not in a hurry

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Its ok just rev it a bit and go through the gears, drop down and give it a bit of welly for the hills . It does the job if your not in a hurry

Its in an AUTOSLEEPER SYMPHONY so only a light van conversion...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a Fiat 1.9tdi, which I presume is the same engine, different badge, in our Low profile Autotrail, c i carioca. I don't find any problem with it at all.
As long as you know not only how to change gear, but more importantly WHEN!
I keep the revs up, a bit like driving a truck, we don't hurry, we enjoy the scenery, warp speed for us is 60 mph on the m/way and 55mph elsewhere.
Still average 25mpg in spite of the way I drive it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Its in an AUTOSLEEPER SYMPHONY so only a light van conversion...
Busby if you have not yet bought it ,why not give a test drive ,you have plenty of little hills in Derbyshire to give a good work out and you a good idea of how it performs. Roy

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Busby if you have not yet bought it ,why not give a test drive ,you have plenty of little hills in Derbyshire to give a good work out and you a good idea of how it performs. Roy

Will do,,,the vans in Manchester. Mind you the difference in performance of an empty van is far different to when loaded. Emptied mine before i sold it (only took a deposit up to now) and it flies. Thanks BUSBY.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Will do,,,the vans in Manchester. Mind you the difference in performance of an empty van is far different to when loaded. Emptied mine before i sold it (only took a deposit up to now) and it flies. Thanks BUSBY.
Know what you mean ,don't suppose you could get a couple of sacks of spuds or coal to stick into it to give you some idea.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Know what you mean ,don't suppose you could get a couple of sacks of spuds or coal to stick into it to give you some idea.

After emptying old van Jane has threatened me..says she does not know how and why i carried so much rubbish so will not be loading much in new one,,,or so she tells me,,:D:D BUSBY.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Busby I had a 1.9tdi in my 2000 Chausson Welcome 80,it was a 7 meter van.
Was desperately underpowered when I got it,it had been owned by an elderly couple.
It had an early version of a catalytic converter in the front down pipe which was blocked,I had this removed and replaced with a standard pipe with no converter.The emissions on test were lower than previous years.
Some may say "snake oil" but I also fitted a K&N air filter and the two things make it much better to drive with less gear changes.
However on very long hills it did become tedious,especially towing a light scooter on a single bike trailer,so if you are contemplating long tours in Europe it may not work for you.
Good luck in your search.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks very much,,,do you own one? BUSBY.
Had one for 7 years on a 5.3 MTR motorhome. Traveled all over Europe, but very tiring to drive, constantly changing gear and always looking ahead in case of hills or lorries. Got a 2.8jTD now, so much more relaxing. Don't forget about gearbox problems, I think it affected both Ducatos and Boxers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back