What a nice week this has been (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Now sitting drinking a glass of prosecco overlooking the beach at Exmouth after what can only be described as a most enjoyable week in Cornwall. Not been to Cornwall for some time but loved every minuet of our week there. Tomorrow we will travel along the south coast then up the M3 and home. Quite sad really. Cornwall in March is the time to visit, clear roads clear beaches and plenty space in the car parks with full pubs with plenty of singing. Great week........(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Now sitting drinking a glass of prosecco overlooking the beach at Exmouth after what can only be described as a most enjoyable week in Cornwall. Not been to Cornwall for some time but loved every minuet of our week there. Tomorrow we will travel along the south coast then up the M3 and home. Quite sad really. Cornwall in March is the time to visit, clear roads clear beaches and plenty space in the car parks with full pubs with plenty of singing. Great week........(y)
Lived in Exmouth from 1961 to 1966 but can't really remember it . Is it worth a visit?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Glad you enjoyed Cornwall @buttons , you found some lovely picturesque spots. As Exmouth is!
Safe journey home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Lived in Exmouth from 1961 to 1966 but can't really remember it . Is it worth a visit?
Hi Anthea, I'm sure it has changed a bit since 1966 but from what I see it is clean tidy and the beach looks fantastic. There are still groups enjoying kites and canoes with a small group of young people still dancing and jigging on the beach. We have booked into a hotel tonight for a break with a third floor balcony overlooking the beach the fairy lights have just come on around the beach but it has not put anyone off. I think you could enjoy a trip here to recollect and reminisce your time here in the 60s Give it a go........;)(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Anthea, I'm sure it has changed a bit since 1966 but from what I see it is clean tidy and the beach looks fantastic. There are still groups enjoying kites and canoes with a small group of young people still dancing and jigging on the beach. We have booked into a hotel tonight for a break with a third floor balcony overlooking the beach the fairy lights have just come on around the beach but it has not put anyone off. I think you could enjoy a trip here to recollect and reminisce your time here in the 60s Give it a go........;)(y)
It does sound lovely ! I was only 9 when we moved and my junior school was Exeter road school in the centre but I've bet it's long gone! We have relatives in Dartmouth so we must make the trip sometime . Glad you had a great week.Thanks .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Them oop norf don't know what they be amissing darn yer int sarf west. . Tiddioggi country yer knows yer know..

No them down south don't know what they are missing in Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Northumberland. It very seldom stops raining in Cornwall. BUSBY:):):) They don't even speak properly like wat we does.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Aarr you baint be props ejumikated as to wot it be loike darn thur int tiddioggi country ..but we duz looks yerway zumtimes wen we want to slumit .haha .think I will exit quietly before I get jumped all over from the North and South ..

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
No them down south don't know what they are missing in Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Northumberland. It very seldom stops raining in Cornwall. BUSBY:):):) They don't even speak properly like wat we does.
N'ew tharn moi ansum moi luvver...
Sorry, can't do Cornish... :(
cornish_1781294b.jpg

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Not taking the micky out of the Devonshire accent by any chance ................... :)

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Will just pick the straw out of our hair .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back