Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Fiamma drip stop , I used a similar product on my first RV and it reduced black streaks to the four corners of run off.
Perhaps prevention better than cure(y)

http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-drip-stop-300-75.html?gclid=CKbT2_u7qcsCFc0y0wodD5INOg

How did you use that on your RV LarryHarryTypeChappy, it's white ? I know it would suit your new crepes, nibbles and lightly chilled van, but did it not stick out a bit on the RV ? Certainly it would not suit the full body paint of my beautiful :inlove: Winnebago :inlove:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
How did you use that on your RV LarryHarryTypeChappy, it's white ? I know it would suit your new crepes, nibbles and lightly chilled van, but did it not stick out a bit on the RV ? Certainly it would not suit the full body paint of my beautiful :inlove: Winnebago :inlove:.

Hiya sooperdooper,

I bought the US version from Steve and Dee and being white it blended well, it was on the Hurricane I had which had a fair amount of white , I put it along just below roof line curve , worked a treat.
Didnt need it on my last RV which also had a beeeutiful full paint finish, never a streak in sight , only a flash of light when we headed off at great speed to the purr of the all powerful V10 Triton :clap2:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Garry , hows ya doin mate ? (y)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Hiya sooperdooper,
when we headed off at great speed to the purr of the all powerful V10 Triton :clap2:

Indeed, I guess the purr helped to block out the noise of the popping spark plugs. :devil:

Kid yourself all you like, but whatever sound you got, paled into nothing compared with the orgasmic gurgle of a V8 Vortec. :Grin:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Indeed, I guess the purr helped to block out the noise of the popping spark plugs. :devil:

Kid yourself all you like, but whatever sound you got, paled into nothing compared with the orgasmic gurgle of a V8 Vortec. :Grin:

Ah orgasmic, once a week on its back ? :rofl::rofl:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
PS, Still have not got my license back. Spoke to them on Friday and the lady said they had a 8 to 12 week backlog, but would send me a letter saying it was ok for me to drive ????? Whatever, it all seems weird. The year before last, it took 27 days and last year only 8 days. This year so far it has been 34 days. Based on their numbers, I should get it back sometime in May. It would be all the same if we had planned to go abroad this year, can you imagine waving that letter under Constable Spanish Plods nose. :happy: Will have to sort something next year, because we are planning to be in Portugal for my birthday. How far in advance can you apply VeryKnowledgeableChappy ?

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
PS, Still have not got my license back. Spoke to them on Friday and the lady said they had a 8 to 12 week backlog, but would send me a letter saying it was ok for me to drive ????? Whatever, it all seems weird. The year before last, it took 27 days and last year only 8 days. This year so far it has been 34 days. Based on their numbers, I should get it back sometime in May. It would be all the same if we had planned to go abroad this year, can you imagine waving that letter under Constable Spanish Plods nose. :happy: Will have to sort something next year, because we are planning to be in Portugal for my birthday. How far in advance can you apply VeryKnowledgeableChappy ?

Up to 90 days Mike, but no gaurantee they will open the application when first received.
I think sect18 is the bit that allows driving while your licence is in their possession but that doesnt help if you need to hire a car or you are driving abroad.

Btw , will the chevy be ok with all those miles in Espana :p

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Fiamma drip stop , I used a similar product on my first RV and it reduced black streaks to the four corners of run off.
Perhaps prevention better than cure(y)

http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-drip-stop-300-75.html?gclid=CKbT2_u7qcsCFc0y0wodD5INOg
Used it on three MH's easy fit when applied correctly (my version)
make sure fitting surface is cleaned , always warm the strip with hot air gun or hot water..found it best for guiding roof rain water flow over front wind screen

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well - with regard to licences restricted in terms of medical conditions, if it takes em so long to renew it though there is no reason mot to when they eventually get round to it, they reissue them from that date rather than when it expired. So mine is now renewable midsummer rather than about March. So, the new expiry date might actually do you a favour in future IYSWIM - or it may hamper you, just depending on exactly when you were planning on taking off for furrin parts in comparison to your birthdate?

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Well - with regard to licences restricted in terms of medical conditions, if it takes em so long to renew it though there is no reason mot to when they eventually get round to it, they reissue them from that date rather than when it expired. So mine is now renewable midsummer rather than about March. So, the new expiry date might actually do you a favour in future IYSWIM - or it may hamper you, just depending on exactly when you were planning on taking off for furrin parts in comparison to your birthdate?

Thank you, interesting, but no medical conditions, only age. As it is HGV, after 65, it has to be renewed each year.

There, that's nicely highjacked that LarryHarryTypeChappy's thread. :sneaky: :whistle: :)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Btw , will the chevy be ok with all those miles in Espana :p

Yes thank you done it twice already. I have no reason to believe that it will be any problem to such a beautifully engineered and serviced piece of machinery. Also remember, it is linked to an Allison transmission. So all in, quality kit. :clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back