LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Last year my Omnistep stopped going in. I could get it to go out and could retract it using the dashboard button but the button over the step would only work one way. I tried checking the step itself and could find nothing obvious so ended up being sold a replacement switch by a local supplier. This used spade fitting to connect which meant cutting the original connector off the wiring and soldering the spade fittings to the end. Not only did this not solve the problem it meant the spade fittings were too long to fit in the space available. I tried another switch marketed as 'the replacement for all previous switches'. This proved no better. I was able to make a temporary solution by attaching a clip which when attached worked in the 'out' direction and when disconnected let it 'in'. This at least proved that the step itself is OK.

I have a friend who restores classic vehicles. He took a look and said that the wiring was correct and could not understand why it would not work.

In the end I had to take it in to have it sorted out once and for all. I took it in to @dave newell lvs this morning. I asked if it would be possible to reinstall the original switch. He pointed out, however, that since I had cut it off its wiring he would not know which wire went where.

This afternoon I got a call to collect the van. All done.

He said he was not sure whether the original switch was pushed upwards for 'in' or 'out'.

Let me tell you Dave it is just as the original. Works perfectly and it's fine.

Thank you once again and if anyone is in doubt about visiting you I can thoroughly recommend your work.

Wyn

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you very much for a lovely write up, its good to know we hit the mark and have satisfied customers.

D.
Every time I have brought the van to you I have been more than satisfied with the outcome and I suspect that others might have said, "sorry mate we can't do that" but you have always come up trumps and gone out of your way to overcome the problem. Well done and many thanks to you and Jackie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back