LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Does anyone have one for sale? My dog is starting to struggle getting in and out of the car. Poor soul has fell twice :-(

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
get a piece of plywood about 1m long and glue a piece of carpet on. works great with most dogs. they dont seem to like walking on the shop bought plastic ones

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
get a piece of plywood about 1m long and glue a piece of carpet on. works great with most dogs. they dont seem to like walking on the shop bought plastic ones
Agree with @TheBig1 although we bought a wooden one on line for our golden retriever years ago and then glued carpet onto it as Izzy found it slippy when wet. Ours had a lip that secured it to the car so the ramp wouldn't slip but you could easily make one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
DSC_8616.JPG
DSC_8616.JPG We have 2 telescopic ones they are pretty good and we have had them for about 4years, easy to store as well

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
View attachment 95794 View attachment 95794 We have 2 telescopic ones they are pretty good and we have had them for about 4years, easy to store as well

Can I ask how small yours telescope to? And any idea of weight.

I have a wooden one I bought new off EBay --from memory about ÂŁ25 with P&P but it's very heavy. It folds in half, has a non slip surface and I stapled some foam on its underneath to try to avoid scratching the car.

Mine looks like this one Broken Link Removed

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
View attachment 95794 View attachment 95794 We have 2 telescopic ones they are pretty good and we have had them for about 4years, easy to store as well

Not being funny but you wouldn't put your kids in their so why your dogs ? What happens if you are rear ended ? Can never understand the " towbar mounted animal cage " tat either. Wouldn't be legal me standing on it so how can it be for a dog ?

Does anyone have one for sale? My dog is starting to struggle getting in and out of the car. Poor soul has fell twice :-(
Your not really a proper dog servant are you ? :D You should be carrying him in. (y):LOL:

maxine and jo

Free Member
Sep 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1980
073.JPG
Not being funny but you wouldn't put your kids in their so why your dogs ? What happens if you are rear ended ? Can never understand the " towbar mounted animal cage " tat either. Wouldn't be legal me standing on it so how can it be for a dog ?

Your not really a proper dog servant are you ? :D You should be carrying him in. (y):LOL:
Well said could not agree more !!to us our dogs are part of the family and there space is inside the MH i do have a wooded ramp with a carpet fixed but we have been unable to travel for the last 6 months because of the old gsd leg dont go where she wants to go ."Mind is willing body all but done" sad days ahead . Blue with her best mate Izzy one of the blind and deaf daines

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Although we wouldn't put our dog in the garage I think the solution shown is great.
Collies are often more than most dogs comfortable and calmer in a cage. It's very common with them. I have seen some well kitted out garages with cages light and aircon for dogs.
I think they are as much at risk there as in the boot of a small hatchback or estate car.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I think a set up like this is great... The dogs have a window to look out of and probably don't get thrown around as much...

Better then dogs jumping around van whilst driving and what really annoys me is seeing dogs walking around the dash while driving ...! Utterly irresponsible ...

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
we have given up on the ramp idea as saul frankly doesnt get enough speed up to clear the van these dayso_O

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
View attachment 95983
Well said could not agree more !!to us our dogs are part of the family and there space is inside the MH i do have a wooded ramp with a carpet fixed but we have been unable to travel for the last 6 months because of the old gsd leg dont go where she wants to go ."Mind is willing body all but done" sad days ahead . Blue with her best mate Izzy one of the blind and deaf daines

In your case, you have no choice, coz theyre bigger than you:D
Love the harley dane. We had one years ago.(y)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
image.jpeg
Got this one for me dog shower. ÂŁ33 on amazon. Fold up plastic. Strong enough for about 40kg dog i think.
Surface was big slippery, so got 2 rubber mats from poundland and stuck them on. The jobs a goodun.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back