Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
This looks as though it might be okay for a discerning Funster looking for an interesting motorhome rather than a shiney, white, plastic one with limp mode et al lights coming on!!!

Broken Link Removed

JJ :cool:

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
That is a well over the top asking price, was eager to take a look until I saw the cost.
I'm looking for an older model of any MH really, not to replace mine, but because I just want one. A classic, I think they call them these days, but I don't think any will ever become classics, may be collect able.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
HOW MUCH? ??
Agree with that!

Lot of money for an ugly old Hymer that only does 55mph as a cruising speed ...

Oi, we have the same "ugly" old Hymer, which is bootiful to us, which "cruised" to Puddleduck farm at 75mph last Friday, with a few little 80+ spurts when required, thank you very much, and when a lot of more modern machines are crawling along in limp mode it will still be cruising at 75+.

We did crawl up the hill after the A11/M11 interchange at 40mph on the way home, struggling to pass a a restored 68'ish Commer m/home, but there was a strong headwind. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hymie

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I dont know where this 55 MPH comes from. My old 670 RMB built on the same running gear was good for well over the legal speed limit. The photo below shows the old dowager bringing a VW Dehler back from Hamburg without breaking sweat. Dont try this with a modern MH as there is a good chance the rear end would part company with the front.
Dehler Profi 001.JPG

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
View attachment 95787 I dont know where this 55 MPH comes from. My old 670 RMB built on the same running gear was good for well over the legal speed limit. The photo below shows the old dowager bringing a VW Dehler back from Hamburg without breaking sweat. Dont try this with a modern MH as there is a good chance the rear end would part company with the front.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
View attachment 95787 I dont know where this 55 MPH comes from. My old 670 RMB built on the same running gear was good for well over the legal speed limit. The photo below shows the old dowager bringing a VW Dehler back from Hamburg without breaking sweat. Dont try this with a modern MH as there is a good chance the rear end would part company with the front.
55 cruising speed was in sellers description on the ebay site .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sorry but that money could get something a lot better. The seller must be gambling on some mug not knowing

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
And of course the milage is genuine I suppose, I think the vendor is having a laugh, it will be intersesing to see what it sells for, perhaps 7K would be nearer the mark.

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Perhaps not so far out on price. A quick search of Mobile.de shows prices ranging from €14k - €21k but that is mostly for examples with much higher mileage.
Broken Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The majority of these older flagship model Hymers are still trundling around, unlike there British built counterparts from the same era. There used to be lots for sale in Germany at little money and many found there way here to the UK. I think it was Oaktree who first started bringing them in and I do believe thats where JJ acquired his. Those that now own these Sclass Hymers know they are not the fastest or the most frugal MHs on the road, but what compensates for that is the build quality and reliability of these old motorhomes. They were built in a day before the accountants were running the manufactures and when your average German had plenty disposable income. Many of these older quality built models are now finding there way to the old commy block countries where labour is cheap and people have now got a shilling or two to spend on luxuries. They will only go up in price now, unlike your modern MH.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Some folk just don't get it... :(

and they never ever will. ;)

They look at the Mona Lisa and say,

"Look at that silly old painting... I much prefer the one in Lidl's... you know... the Spanish Lady print in that nice plastic frame".

I blame Thatcher.

I know.

People like me are terrible

image.jpeg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Some folk just don't get it... :(

and they never ever will. ;)

They look at the Mona Lisa and say,

"Look at that silly old painting... I much prefer the one in Lidl's... you know... the Spanish Lady print in that nice plastic frame".

I blame Thatcher.

I get "it" as you say. I just don't like it. Unlike Renaissance art

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The majority of these older flagship model Hymers are still trundling around, unlike there British built counterparts from the same era. There used to be lots for sale in Germany at little money and many found there way here to the UK. I think it was Oaktree who first started bringing them in and I do believe thats where JJ acquired his. Those that now own these Sclass Hymers know they are not the fastest or the most frugal MHs on the road, but what compensates for that is the build quality and reliability of these old motorhomes. They were built in a day before the accountants were running the manufactures and when your average German had plenty disposable income. Many of these older quality built models are now finding there way to the old commy block countries where labour is cheap and people have now got a shilling or two to spend on luxuries. They will only go up in price now, unlike your modern MH.
Built like my pre swift autocruise stargazer then real quality. ...

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
If you believe that old shed has only done 23K kilometres, I have a nice original Mona Lisa painting you can purchase cheap.......one of the digits on the speedo is uneven, which is one of the signs of clocking, in fact it's probably been clocked so many times the speedo counter sprockets are as loose as an Essex girls knicker elastic (y);)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Please leave me alone... ;)

Then don't post.

Anyone who posts on here is looking for a response. Not my fault it wasn't the answer that you were looking for, is it?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you believe that old shed has only done 23K kilometres, I have a nice original Mona Lisa painting you can purchase cheap.......one of the digits on the speedo is uneven, which is one of the signs of clocking, in fact it's probably been clocked so many times the speedo counter sprockets are as loose as an Essex girls knicker elastic (y);)

Yeah... whatever...

I have got a couple of wind generators for you if you want...

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Then don't post.

Anyone who posts on here is looking for a response. Not my fault it wasn't the answer that you were looking for, is it?

I wasn't looking for a response...

I was drawing attention to an ebay ad. I came across thinking it might be if interest.

You and I will never agree on anything...

...but realising that, I don't waste my time even looking at any of your threads.

I, just like you, will continue to post whenever I feel like it.

I repeat my request but more politely...

Please leave me alone.

(Now Jim will get all cross with me!) ;)

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
It's a FUN place to be

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yeah... whatever...

I have got a couple of wind generators for you if you want...
No thanks, they rarely produce electricity, in fact all the UK wind turbines are currently producing just over 5% of its needs.....and that is not a way to run a modern economy http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Actually the last van I saw of that age was in exhaust rotting off mode, waiting for recovery.:Eeek:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back