Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
I've got a very dirty van and am desperately looking for a valeting service near to Croydon where I store my motor home.
I'm looking for a proper clean and a wax not just polish I'm sure this subject has been aired before so please excuse!
Don't any of the exhibitors going to Peterborough offer a service at the show, it used to be you could get jobs done whilst at a show.
Thanks

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I've got a very dirty van and am desperately looking for a valeting service near to Croydon where I store my motor home.
I'm looking for a proper clean and a wax not just polish I'm sure this subject has been aired before so please excuse!
Don't any of the exhibitors going to Peterborough offer a service at the show, it used to be you could get jobs done whilst at a show.
Thanks

I had @FJmike do mine ,made a brilliant job looks like new again . But think Croydon is well out of his patch ,but he might know someone in the area that could do that for you..hes a member of this forum and if you pm him I am sure he will be happy to help if at all possible..Roy

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Jim, can you tell me how to start a special saved thread for this please? I, too, struggle to find anywhere to have van cleaned locally or where I am going to a rally and it would really help. Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Jim, can you tell me how to start a special saved thread for this please? I, too, struggle to find anywhere to have van cleaned locally or where I am going to a rally and it would really help. Thank you.
Joy, just click on "watch thread" below and to the right of the thread title. Then choose "email" as notification.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Unfortunately Croydon is a bit out of my area, but you could always stop at a site near me. For the life of me I can't see how anyone can do a proper valet at a show, my premium valet takes approximately six hours to complete and thats not allowing for bad weather. Then the organisers would want their cut, so there would be little or no money to be made.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just a word of warning at the Malvern show last year quite a few had washes and valets, but on at least one occasion the chemical was not cleaned off properly and left quite a bit of damage to the van. @FJmike has had a lot of positive reports on here so could be worth the option of camping near by to his area.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow, Carol, I don't know who it was that did mine ............. thank you and @swanseajack13 ...... but I was soooooooooooo pleased with it....

Managed to clean it again in Yorkshire last week and positively annoyed when it rained the day after ... How dare God do that to my beautiful, shiny van.. :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Wow, Carol, I don't know who it was that did mine ............. thank you and @swanseajack13 ...... but I was soooooooooooo pleased with it....

Managed to clean it again in Yorkshire last week and positively annoyed when it rained the day after ... How dare God do that to my beautiful, shiny van.. :)

Because, God lives in that County. He can't do it anywhere else!!!

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Unless illness, disablement, or location prohibits, does no one clean their own van these days? Needs a bit of elbow grease that's all :D:D

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Unless illness, disablement, or location prohibits, does no one clean their own van these days? Needs a bit of elbow grease that's all :D:D
Wish I could ,wingman ,but other than location I am buxxered health wise ....how ever what I paid @FJmike for two days work was money well spent .......... Roy

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
James, I can't because I have an incurable hereditary disease. I am a lazy ba****rd. :ROFLMAO:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Very harsh, a lot of my customers are unable to clean their vans, even if they want too. Others know that they can have a shinier van if they call me in. :):):D

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

A combination of lazyness, minor shoulder injury, laziness and time, oh and did I mention lazyness. Plus as Mike says I couldn't get it as nice as Mike as I don't have the gear, the materials, the patience, the knowledge or the experience to do it as well.

As soon as I get my new van it will be straight over to mikes. This one is not worth cleaning.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I usually make a half decent attempt at cleaning it while in Spain, but at least once a year get a professional on board ( so to speak ! ) to do a decent clean and wax
What do you charge Mike ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Near enough the same price I am paying a non funsters .. So much rather give Mike the dosh !
Will make a date when we get back to the uk (y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Will I get discount now for drumming up all this buisiness?;)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
When I had Mike clean mine, I stayed at a pub in Cerney Wick, I think it was £10 per night, it has electric, water and dump, very good value.
Was that the Crown Inn @Billy23 . If so, I stayed there recently and was very good. £10 is correct for EHU and facilities. Graham the landlord...Bonkers!!:ROFLMAO:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Find and make friends with someone with OCD.
I spent 4 hours to day Fareclaring and then, heavy wax polishing , power buffing, and then polishing with auto-glym resin polish it does look really nice now , BUT I now need to do the other side and the cab. IT does take a long time especially the cutting back to remove the hazing. I have a man coming to give me a quote on Monday morning so it needs to be good for then. The wax was like a lump of plastic until I put the tin in the oven for a couple of minutes, bit cold I think, I was anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back