The Portugues are........ (bump LOL)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Middy don't quite know what you are asking,we have a French van with an ordinary push up aerial and if you go into menu it comes up with choice of country then will do an auto search.
If you have a dome or dish I have no knowledge of them but sure someone will be along soon to help.Good luck,by the way,you have missed Corrie!,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Oyster 85 dish with my sky box and card from home gets me channel 5 and most of the other sky channels on the basic package similar to home. No bbc, itv or channel 4.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You can get all the Portuguese channels on the Algarve.

I can get loads and loads of channels (including the UK ones) streamed to my Galaxy Note 4 via the internet (only watch football on it.)

Watching motorhomers frequently messing around satellite searching makes me think that future lies with the internet.

JJ :cool:

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Agree with JJ Internet streaming is the way ahead.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a good Status directional aerial on the previous motorhome. We could get digital TV in UK, France and Spain. Never got anything in Portugal at all - even tried analogue tuner on TV with no joy. Don't know why, but gave up and started talking to each other instead!

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We had a good Status directional aerial on the previous motorhome. We could get digital TV in UK, France and Spain. Never got anything in Portugal at all - even tried analogue tuner on TV with no joy. Don't know why, but gave up and started talking to each other instead!
We had the same problem with our AVtex. There is a different standard in Portugal and that set didn't accommodate it. OK for UK, France and Spain.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Double Post, Bad internet connection.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
We had the same problem with our AVtex. There is a different standard in Portugal and that set didn't accommodate it. OK for UK, France and Spain.
Our Avtex will pick up Portuguese TV OK if you select Portugal in the coutry set up. Portugal does use a different standard to most so many TVs do not work there, but as I say our Avtex does. There is no analogue TV in Portugal but most electrical stores sell set top boxes which will get you Portuguese TV. On most sites there are local TV engineers who will hire you a decent size dish for Sky and also gear to get BBC and ITV from Intelsat 907, not strictly legal but does work. After the big BBC switch off internet bandwidth was poor as all the expats used the internet to get the lost channels. It is better now but still sometimes dodgy.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
You can get all the Portuguese channels on the Algarve.

I can get loads and loads of channels (including the UK ones) streamed to my Galaxy Note 4 via the internet (only watch football on it.)

Watching motorhomers frequently messing around satellite searching makes me think that future lies with the internet.

JJ :cool:
i dont mess around with mine JJ !

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I don't mess about with a sat dish either @JJ . one click and it's up.. watching live TV in 45sec .

by all means stream TV and videos on your own data sim.. .. but doing so on a site wifi is selfish and deprives others..

the site we are on has a free wifi and in the morning and afternoon it is great.. very fast .. but now it is slow as molasses .. the other 4 caravans do not have a sat dishes, and there is no terrestrial TV signal, so no doubt someone is streaming TV..

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I'm guessing the OP was asking about satellite reception in Portugal. We have a Snipe 2, and by the time we reached Italy, on Astra 2, we could only receive Pick and 5 USA. We switched to Eurobird, and frankly I was stunned at how many religious channels there are with preachers shouting at the viewers. We then switched to Astra 1, lots of channels with English shows in a foreign language. Midsomer in German was amusing.
So in summary, no, you won't get English telly, so go out and explore :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back