Nice spot near Girvan. Possibilities at Port Patrick. (3 Viewers)

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Just south of Girvan on the A77, right on the beach. The Ainslie Park car park. Good quality large car park with great views. Parking bays easily take a 6m van. Modern and very clean toilet block, and small brick built kiosk selling hot snacks (very good snacks too!!).

I arrived at about 9am for breakfast, and there were 5 units which had obviously stayed the night.

No signs prohibiting overnight parking or motorhomes. Enquiries at the kiosk revealed that the local authorities were quite relaxed with motorhomes staying overnight.

Also noticed several units stopping overnight on the harbour walls at Port Patrick. Signs saying no overnighting, but they seem to have been ignored by the several vans that were there for three nights.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just south of Girvan on the A77, right on the beach. The Ainslie Park car park. Good quality large car park with great views. Parking bays easily take a 6m van. Modern and very clean toilet block, and small brick built kiosk selling hot snacks (very good snacks too!!).

Nice location.. know it very well, glad you bought some snacks, gives the right impression ..:thumb:

If you are heading toward Refrewshire, let me know, my home village Lochwinnoch has some good parking by the Loch and in the Country park

jim

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Thanks for the ofer Jim:)

I lived in Bridge of Weir for a while, and know that area of Scotland really well, but you never know.

Thanks again,

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Bridge of Weir ! .. A toff .. no less :roflmto:

have a good holiday, we were up there a couple of weeks ago .. I forgot just how lovely it is

jim

A toff??:ROFLMAO:

Not I! My wifes parents are from Bridge of Weir, I was just a long term lodger. We had a day there on Wednesday last week on the way from Luss to Port Patrick - The Houston Inn still sells one of the best micro brewery ales in the country.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Speaking as one who can walk to Houston for a pint - I don't find it a posh area at all - but then I have to stop off at the River Inn for a pee and pint on my way home from the Fox and Hounds who own the micro brewery.
The Houston inn is a bit noisy (big screens and footballers drinking) and last time in they had stopped doing the local brew (no doubt due to new manager and probably some big brewery tie up).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Speaking as one who can walk to Houston for a pint - I don't find it a posh area at all - but then I have to stop off at the River Inn for a pee and pint on my way home from the Fox and Hounds who own the micro brewery.
The Houston inn is a bit noisy (big screens and footballers drinking) and last time in they had stopped doing the local brew (no doubt due to new manager and probably some big brewery tie up).

Do you remember it when it was known as 'Queenies', and still had sawdust on the floor of the public bar??:ROFLMAO:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Sorry Doug, we are so new to this area (only 10 years)! So only know them as Houston Inn, Cross Keys, Fox and Hounds and River Inn (formerly Stakis Crosslee Inn).
All this for a few hundred locals before the 'oilfields' estate was built. Must assume they flourished in the days of 'bona fide' Sunday travelers when you had to have a return bus ticket for more than 5 miles away to prove you needed 'refreshment' on a Sunday!

Sorry all for the thread drift.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back