Le Voyageur the Prestige Marque of Pilote who bought out RMB years ago (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I don't see Le Voyageur mentioned much as a make to be considered but it is the French prestige marque of Pilote and Pilote took over RMB over a decade ago, I believe.

Has anyone got one that they are prepared to recommend?

I would imagine and hope that some of the skills and methods originally used by RMB should have rubbed off otherwise what was the point in buying RMB and then effectively stopping to use it as a brand.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Perhaps its an issue that its just seems more difficult to import from France than from Germany and thus Le Voyageur fails to get as much as it might deserve.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like they wanted the RMB name to me.

LeVoyageur used to be a custom spec fibreglass bodied van on the Merc chassis a few years ago ago, but the ones we saw last year at the NEC were just Pilote vans with a sticker on.

Saw the RMB vans at Dusseldorf two years ago and didn't rate them.

Martin

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I thought that Frankia was the upmarket Pilote brand nowadays. Do like the old RMB's though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I thought that Frankia was the upmarket Pilote brand nowadays. Do like the old RMB's though.
This is correct! i have just done research and Frankia are the only models now produced in Germany with RMB and Le Voyageur being produced at the same factory in France. Pilote models are produced at a different factory in France according to the Frankia brochure.

It would still be nice to hear any reviews of Frankia and Le Voyageur A class models and I'm interested in the larger ones with with single beds that convert into a large double.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
So where do Bavaria fit into the plot?
Are they German made or French?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
So where do Bavaria fit into the plot?
Are they German made or French?

Bavaria are French made within the Pilot Group..... Seems to be Priced identically in France to the Pilot range...Just different styling..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
You can go on a tour of the pilote factory in France which will give you a better insight to how they are made they have tours about one a month and you can book on their website. There is also an Aires close to factory for overnight stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back