pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, After much talking with my wife we feel we have to say it was s**t, The only good thing was the friendly people from france and spain tempting us to go there in our van, and preston motorhomes who are great.(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Enjoyed the show due to the good company..... the rest was a bit average but worth a look every couple of years. Saw a very nice Frankia but that was about it, really.

.....oh, and got out of buying @GJH lunch ;) the Dux wallet still remains intact:LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Enjoyed the show due to the good company..... the rest was a bit average but worth a look every couple of years. Saw a very nice Frankia but that was about it, really.

.....oh, and got out of buying @GJH lunch ;) the Dux wallet still remains intact:LOL:
I'll catch you at Peterborough when I bring you the Supreme Acklam Piesties (complete with carrots of course) :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'll catch you at Peterborough when I bring you the Supreme Acklam Piesties (complete with carrots of course) :LOL:
I could always commit suicide by jumping off the top of my wallet. In amongst all the moths, I did find a white fiver - personally signed by the guvnor.......

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013

Good summary - Good Frankia and the rest was a bit of a disappointment! I shall only go in future to the Autumn show at the NEC.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
got to agree, we drove over from Peterborough and only spent a couple of hours there, very disappointing

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I couldn't of been more pleased with the show. We bought a MH in the Oct 15 show and used this one to get the accessories I think I need. The only thing that we were looking for but didn't find was a collapsable kettle, so went to Go Outdoors on the way home. Everything else we went for, we got at good prices.

Oh and monopolised @eddievanbitz time. :LOL:

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Must say that we were disappointed with the show this year. All we bought were a couple of their overpriced sandwiches. Don't think we will bother with this particular show again.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Must say that we were disappointed with the show this year. All we bought were a couple of their overpriced sandwiches. Don't think we will bother with this particular show again.

Same here ,didn't go this year as last year was bad enough..the Warners shows are so much better as you can browse without any pressure ,and of course motorhomefun is at most if not all so a good weekend and usually great entertainment always available... Much better .as you're fair!y local, the southern show is on at Newbury in may.always a good turnout of exhibitors and good evening entertainment a d of course the funsters Will be there ..Roy

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Best thing was the free bus ride from the show car park past all the lovely empty car parks nearer to the show that had obviously been left empty to save us all using our precious fuel driving to somewhere we could park and walk from thus putting their bus drivers jobs in jeopardy......

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Best thing was the free bus ride from the show car park past all the lovely empty car parks nearer to the show that had obviously been left empty to save us all using our precious fuel driving to somewhere we could park and walk from thus putting their bus drivers jobs in jeopardy......
Our bus had leather seats so that was a bonus!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It was a couple of nights out to test the new Hymer (y) buy a new Avtex and confirm our correct decision for the new mhome.
We also had a good nights entertainment in the cclub marquee on Tuesday.
Probably go again, breaks the miserable winter.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
It was a couple of nights out to test the new Hymer (y) buy a new Avtex and confirm our correct decision for the new mhome.
Probably go again, breaks the miserable winter.
Hymer and avtex! i can just about afford the tv :notworthy:

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
You were lucky. We used to dream of havin a seat on't bus. Luxury. Stood standin for us folk.
Free car park was good as gigs at the nec, well the last one i can remember was whitesnake in 2002?? were not free.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
There was a sign on the car park saying that by parking for free you had "saved" £12. I presume that's because it would have cost £12 to park in Central London if you had gone there instead of the NEC, or maybe it would have cost £12 to buy an Airfix model or a jigsaw puzzle if you had stayed at home instead of going to the show? If the car parking had cost £12 I would have turned straight round and gone to Fosters fishing tackle shop to spend it on maggots rather than give it to them lot! I guess they just plucked any old number out of the air, or does it actually cost £12 to park there sometimes?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We spent less than 30 quid in 3 days - 2 coffees, 2 cokes and 2 tickets using the C&CC voucher on Friday. First time we had been to teh February show. We enjoyed it but will probably stick to October in future.
We didn't bother with the marquee. As we could hear the bands from inside our van a good distance away we decided it would be much too loud inside :)
Stood standin for us folk.
It's alright for you. When we were stood standin' on Thursday I had to talk to @eddievanbitz. Got him back though - he had to talk to me :LOL:
does it actually cost £12 to park there sometimes?
Apparently, yes, at some events. I don't know what the net total of parking and tickets is in such cases though.

It was the first time we had stayed at the CC temporary site. In previous years we had stayed at CC Warwick and CC Chapel Lane and driven in. Last October we stayed at a B&B hotel. The temp site is far more convenient and, though expensive, cheaper than the B&B. Pity the generator failed several times though :)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We spent less than 30 quid in 3 days - 2 coffees, 2 cokes and 2 tickets using the C&CC voucher on Friday.

........and it would have been less than 20 quid had we not succeeded in avoiding you for lunch......... ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We spent less than 30 quid in 3 days - 2 coffees, 2 cokes and 2 tickets using the C&CC voucher on Friday. First time we had been to teh February show. We enjoyed it but will probably stick to October in future.
I'm confused ... if you stayed on the CC 'site' didn't it also cost you £30 a night for the privilege?I thought by doing this you also got 'free' entry into the show each day ... if not and you have to pay for entry on TOP, which is what I assume due to you using the C&CC voucher, then it was an EXPENSIVE show!o_O

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Agree with most of whats been said, we went on Sunday and compared to the October show it was naff so will give it a miss in future.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Depends what you were looking for. Excellent for tents and trailer tents, which is when they would be buying.
Motor homes in Oct show to order for the start of the season :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
20160223_121558.jpg

My new awning lol

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
........and it would have been less than 20 quid had we not succeeded in avoiding you for lunch......... ;)
By the time we saw you we had already eaten our sandwiches so you were safe :D I don't guarantee the same at Peterborough :LOL:
I'm confused ... if you stayed on the CC 'site' didn't it also cost you £30 a night for the privilege?I thought by doing this you also got 'free' entry into the show each day ... if not and you have to pay for entry on TOP, which is what I assume due to you using the C&CC voucher, then it was an EXPENSIVE show!o_O
I meant we spent less that 30 quid at the show :) The temp site cost £35 a night and that doesn't include tickets. However, we were given the tickets we used on Wednesday and bought the Thursday ones in advance so didn't include that as spending at the show :)
Yes, it's expensive compared with a Warners show but Warners don't have shows in February :)

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Same here ,didn't go this year as last year was bad enough..the Warners shows are so much better as you can browse without any pressure ,and of course motorhomefun is at most if not all so a good weekend and usually great entertainment always available... Much better .as you're fair!y local, the southern show is on at Newbury in may.always a good turnout of exhibitors and good evening entertainment a d of course the funsters Will be there ..Roy

We are going to the Romsey show next month and we'll also be at Newbury so hope to see you there. We are booked to stay on the CC club pitch but will wander over to see you all.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We are going to the Romsey show next month and we'll also be at Newbury so hope to see you there. We are booked to stay on the CC club pitch but will wander over to see you all.
Look forward to meeting you both ..at both the venues ..the Newbury show is much bigger than the Romsey show ,but both have their merits ..Roy

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
There was a sign on the car park saying that by parking for free you had "saved" £12. I presume that's because it would have cost £12 to park in Central London if you had gone there instead of the NEC, or maybe it would have cost £12 to buy an Airfix model or a jigsaw puzzle if you had stayed at home instead of going to the show? If the car parking had cost £12 I would have turned straight round and gone to Fosters fishing tackle shop to spend it on maggots rather than give it to them lot! I guess they just plucked any old number out of the air, or does it actually cost £12 to park there sometimes?
If you went into the other North carpark you would get a £12 fee on leaving as the other show organiser made a mistake in the negotitions. It was a sewing exhibition. I was there overnight and the attendant told me to go to the South park which I did. Cost nothing.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
We were parked up at E1 with our motor home and had a coach to the site with only 4 people on it. Was surprised at how long the queues for the return trip to North car parks were, ours were not very long so the East car parks must be the ones to choose.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were parked up at E1 with our motor home and had a coach to the site with only 4 people on it. Was surprised at how long the queues for the return trip to North car parks were, ours were not very long so the East car parks must be the ones to choose.
Thinking back over several visits I think queue length varies with time. We were using the Campsite bus, which left from next to the North bus stop, and I didn't notice excessively long queues. What I did notice, though, was that there seemed to be far more buses serving the East car parks so maybe that was a factor :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back