Billing Aquadrome (1 Viewer)

Bluearmy

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Loughborough, Leics
Funster No
Exp
Has anyone been to Billing Aquadrome camp site recently? Was going this weekend for Balloon Festival but have read horrendous reviews!! Any recent experiences would be appreciated.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
No personal experience but have been told by friends that it has gone down hill fast, and they would not go again.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Very bad place for having things stolen, we had a rally there not so long ago and sat equipment got stolen plus bikes.

This is not uncommon:Doh::RollEyes:

This place has serious security issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Has anyone been to Billing Aquadrome camp site recently? Was going this weekend for Balloon Festival but have read horrendous reviews!! Any recent experiences would be appreciated.

This was a recent topic of conversation on here - try reading <Link Removed>

Now more commonly known as Duck 'Dirt' City -

except in common parlance Dirt is replaced with a word beginning with s and rhyming with bit!

Last edited:

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
No no no don't go!!!! If you look on ukcampsite you will see that Billing Aquadrome management have requested that it doesn't have a review section - I think that says enough in itself. I have known the Aquadrome for 50 years and can reliably say it has gone steadily downhill each year for the past 40 years - and it wasn't great to start with!

Highwayman999

Free Member
Aug 12, 2009
Wellingborough
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
Billing Aquadrome is just a couple of miles down the road from me so decided to reply and get my first post over and done with!

There are many reasons that I would not spend time on this site. I have experience of visiting this site as a visitor several years ago and on a professional basis.

Reasons not to visit.

1. It is next to a noisy busy dual carriageway. :Sad:
2. It is next to a sewerage treatment works, and at times stinks! :Sad:
3. It is very close to a notorious area of Northampton (walking distance) so all of the little darlings tend to congregate there at the night.:Sad:
4. Due to the onsite bar and couple of pubs nearby they seem to have a fair share of alcohol fuelled problems, and violence.:Sad:
5. The fairground rides are good enough to attract the local youth but not really good enough if you are there on holiday. :Sad:
6. Nothing really to do or picturesque in the local area. :Sad:
7. They do have some crime issues, and many of the rallies that are held there have their own security! :Sad:
8. Its very very large and vey impersonal. :Sad:
9. It often gets very boggy and occasionally floods. :Sad:

Ok I'll stop now. Go at your perill.
ps I'm not usually that negative about things. ::bigsmile:

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
:Sad: Out of 10 i would give it a -10 that is just about how good it is.Why not go to Malvern and have a good weekend :thumb: Arizona Chief

OP
OP
Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Loughborough, Leics
Funster No
Exp
:Doh: OK Thanks alot - sort of confirmed what I thought.

Will have to remember to check reviews first next time and put this down to experience.

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
A class Concorde liner 89
Exp
Since 2011
Billing Aquadrome is just a couple of miles down the road from me so decided to reply and get my first post over and done with!

There are many reasons that I would not spend time on this site. I have experience of visiting this site as a visitor several years ago and on a professional basis.

Reasons not to visit.

1. It is next to a noisy busy dual carriageway. :Sad:
2. It is next to a sewerage treatment works, and at times stinks! :Sad:
3. It is very close to a notorious area of Northampton (walking distance) so all of the little darlings tend to congregate there at the night.:Sad:
4. Due to the onsite bar and couple of pubs nearby they seem to have a fair share of alcohol fuelled problems, and violence.:Sad:
5. The fairground rides are good enough to attract the local youth but not really good enough if you are there on holiday. :Sad:
6. Nothing really to do or picturesque in the local area. :Sad:
7. They do have some crime issues, and many of the rallies that are held there have their own security! :Sad:
8. Its very very large and vey impersonal. :Sad:
9. It often gets very boggy and occasionally floods. :Sad:

Ok I'll stop now. Go at your perill.
ps I'm not usually that negative about things. ::bigsmile:
Very accurate post - I live not far away and went to the camp shop 3 weeks ago. Never, ever, never again:Eeek:

J

johnandcarol

Deleted User
Do not go there, do not even stop for a cup of tea there, avoid it like the plague..........

for many years landrover shows were held there, that is coming to an end now due to the rampant theivery and total incompetance of the site owners. why would anyone want to take their treasured belongings into a chavs paradise and have them damaged or stolen under the noses of the so called "site security", the place......to quote a phrase is swirling cesspool of filth.

Only ever visit that place if you intend to make a fraudulent claim on your insurance, and need something to disappear!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Give it a wide berth if you value your belongings .. it makes Beirut look attractive

Hi Jim, what a shame, it reminds me that many years ago when I was a frequent visitor to Beirut, then it was know as the Paris of the Mediterranean or even the Pearl of the Mediterranean. Not now of course.

Makes me glad to be a wild camper.

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim, what a shame, it reminds me that many years ago when I was a frequent visitor to Beirut, then it was know as the Paris of the Mediterranean or even the Pearl of the Mediterranean. Not now of course.

Makes me glad to be a wild camper.

Doug...

Hi Doug

yes, maybe the wrong city :Doh:.. Baghdad or Kabul would have been a better choice. :roflmto:

jim

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
billing

we have been going to american car /hot rod /land rover/motor home shows at billing aprox 4 times a year every year for the last 18 years and have enjoyed every minuite of them all the last time was last sunday, but this time only for the day.i personally have never lost anything ,but knowing the rep i never leave stuff out over night.i will be at the aaci show on sunday as well.one thing that does p..s me of though is the way they charge me £35 a night for my rv when its £20 a night for a big car pulling an even bigger caravan taking up more room than i do.:Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My son in law had kit stolen and was given 14 days/nights camper van access for free.
He chucked it in the bin....
Personally, I would have chucked it in the bin and set fire to it as well in case some poor sod made use of it !!

100% horrid place and not somewhere I would ask my worst enemy to go let alone a friend !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back