• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2 x x11kg Gaslow Bottles and Kit (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We have for sale 2 x 11kg gaslow Bottles.
Manual Change over and all pipes required.
Bracket for filling Point

Bottles were purchased in November 2009 for our previous van.
There is some rust marks on the base rim (not on the bottles) where the bottles were sat in the locker

For Collection only or we can deliver to Peterborough Show in April.
£195.00

Attachments

• gaslow 004.jpg
    gaslow 004.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 96
  • gaslow 002.jpg
    gaslow 002.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 91
  • gaslow 001.jpg
    gaslow 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 91
  • gaslow 006.jpg
    gaslow 006.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 90

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Steve and Sue I would like to buy the Gaslow bottles and kt and collect at Peterborough please
have sent you a message
Geo

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Seems a bit on the expensive side for bottles with only 31/2 years life still to to live before they want new valves fitting and retesting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Seems a bit on the expensive side for bottles with only 31/2 years life still to to live before they want new valves fitting and retesting.

Are you trying to say that you would have been a prospective purchaser if they were cheaper? or are you a qualified valuer?

My understanding is that they are guaranteed for 15 years - I don't know anything about getting the valves tested at 10 years but accept that this might be the case?
We have been clear on the date we bought them and identified that there is some rust on the bottom rim.
The twin bottle system is around £600+ I believe- so we thought this was a fair price.
The buyer is a trader so I am sure is happy to be able to judge value for money as opposed to maybe a first time motorhomer.
Link Removed - Link showing bottles stating guaranteed for 15 years.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why do you think its only a 10 year 'life' before they need retesting etc? It is actually 15 years, this is taken from the Gaslow brochure:

After 15 years you MUST take your cylinder(s) to your local dealer who will exchange them for new cylinders charging a replacement fee

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I spoke to the Gaslow rep at the NEC and he stated that they would need to be sent back for testing, but because the old style bottles; as these are, have not come to their expiry date, Gaslow are unsure esactly what will be required at the test date i.e. replace valves or just pressure test. He did state that they will carry out an expansion check, but again could tell if this would be a regular thing as no bottle has reached it's expiry date yet. Replacements will be around £40

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you had given them for free there would have been a problem.
Some folks glasses are just half empty lol
Geo, in the trade, has snapped up a bargain, and he knows it :)

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Now sold - - just to rub salt in the wounds -there's some free gas in one of the bottles -
But I think its about 8 + months old - so maybe out of date?
Cheers
Steve

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Nope they were a bargain and when anything is needed, Gaslow will be offering test facilities and a service exchange service

Glad that they've sold makes mine look expensive lol

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

So you don't want to buy them then?

I don't understand the reason for this post.

I was just thinking what a good price they were but someone beat me to it.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back