Rally Chat Southport sunday lunch (1 Viewer)

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Loren and I went shopping today but called into Spigas for Coffee and cake.
Well Colin the Chef that ruined our Sunday Lunch at Ronnies last year has long gone.
The New chef Mark knew all about what had happened to us and has offered to do a set menu for us .
All to be sorted yet. Time 3pm but I said we would post and see who is interested, did say it needs to be a good price.
Going back to drinking now and will log off for tonight.
Bye.
Feed back please.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
That's a tough one! Last year at the restaurant was a nightmare - from the serving staff ignoring us waiting to be served although we were on one of the first buses but last to be served. From the cold soup starters, to the main meals that were so disgusting that we were unable to eat them, to the missing desserts because they had run out.
I suppose they couldn't get any worse, but I would hate to pay up front again.
It's a shame because the first year the service was brilliant and the meals were really good.

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
That's a tough one! Last year at the restaurant was a nightmare - from the serving staff ignoring us waiting to be served although we were on one of the first buses but last to be served. From the cold soup starters, to the main meals that were so disgusting that we were unable to eat them, to the missing desserts because they had run out.
I suppose they couldn't get any worse, but I would hate to pay up front again.
It's a shame because the first year the service was brilliant and the meals were really good.

Now I will make you laugh the 1st year it was the same Chef but working with his boss !!!!!!
Thank you for your feed back.
Spigas can only take 80 people the Ronnies can hold more but the Boss Ronnie and Mark the chef will be doing all the cooking at one or the other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I know you all had a terrible experience last year and we weren't there so can't comment but I was there for lunch yesterday and they could be more sorry and keen to be able to make amends. We were treated like royalty and the food was fabulous. I was so impressed by the puddings I took a photo!
Broken Link Removed

image.jpeg

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
We will leave this on here for one week and see if anyone is willing to give them a second chance.

We have done a lot of leg work at different venues and not impressed at all. The Prince of Wales was mentioned and 4 of us had a carvery and I had eaten there before and it was fine but this time it was awful.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
None of that poncy grub in Wetherspoons.....never had a bad meal in Preston, Leyland, or Southport.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Thats is where Allan had a refund from for his fish ( the Southport one ) We all eat there a lot breakfast etc is great.

Suprised at Allan there, got him down as a gastro-ite...regularly see him walking past our house tesco bag in one hand, and wheeling 2 lap dogs with the other !
Saw him driving past in his big yankmobile on Saturday, and thought he was off for a pleasurelands experience.
Only jealous really, we're still decorating...maybe this w/e.

regards

Allen & Eileen

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'd be interested, (2 of us) since I don't have the memory of last year's obviously appalling meal. And that pudding looked good!!

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Suprised at Allan there, got him down as a gastro-ite...regularly see him walking past our house tesco bag in one hand, and wheeling 2 lap dogs with the other !
Saw him driving past in his big yankmobile on Saturday, and thought he was off for a pleasurelands experience.
Only jealous really, we're still decorating...maybe this w/e.

regards

Allen & Eileen
We are going again on the 11th 12th March for some more planning (if the weather is fine) anyone is welcome to join us

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Graham and Shirley I might be interested ..... BUT can I just say. Don't cut yourself up with worry over this. You cannot guarantee a good meal and can only do so much running round..... The times I have recommended a good restaurant to have people go and it was rubbish ... poor service, poor food, etc... then the following week it was back to normal again.

We pays our whatever and takes our chances and at least it gave us something to moan about ... hopefully next time it will be to praise about... but as organisers you have enough on just doing that.

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
I'd be interested, (2 of us) since I don't have the memory of last year's obviously appalling meal. And that pudding looked good!!

Thank you so much (I promise you will not experience last years nightmare).
When they work out a Menu it will be posted.

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Graham and Shirley I might be interested ..... BUT can I just say. Don't cut yourself up with worry over this. You cannot guarantee a good meal and can only do so much running round..... The times I have recommended a good restaurant to have people go and it was rubbish ... poor service, poor food, etc... then the following week it was back to normal again.

We pays our whatever and takes our chances and at least it gave us something to moan about ... hopefully next time it will be to praise about... but as organisers you have enough on just doing that.

Vegetarian menu and Gluten Free choice also. Will post in a week or two.
I will not beat myself up sweetie I just think they deserve one more shot. It was Colin the Chef that b****Y well ruined it for us and he is now gone.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Shirley we may also be interested await to see cost and Menu. Ditto to everything @movan , Joy has said. so looking forward to this meet . its gonna be great love from us three :) :) :) xxx

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Shirley we may also be interested await to see cost and Menu. Ditto to everything @movan , Joy has said. so looking forward to this meet . its gonna be great love from us three :) :) :) xxx

We need to book the Weather next:whistle: A few things different this year :whistle:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Graham & Shirley,

As you know, we had to pull out of last year's meet, (injury) but thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday lunch on the 2014 meet. :)
Pop us down on the list for two places please. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Graham and Shirley, we are a no for the Sunday lunch, but a definite for the hog roast. We are really looking forward to the rally, see you soon.

Ginny and Mike

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi,:hi: Graham & Shirley, could you put us down for 2 Sunday lunches please, I've already put our names down for the hog roast'
but not sure if its on the right list :blusher: Mew & mick

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,:hi: Graham & Shirley, could you put us down for 2 Sunday lunches please, I've already put our names down for the hog roast'
Hi,

I'll put you down for this too. Shirley's doing the rvoc list. Don't care where you post as long as we know

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
That quoted above is the same for me. Please put us down for two Sunday lunches. Thanks.

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
That quoted above is the same for me. Please put us down for two Sunday lunches. Thanks.
Allan and Loren are keeping the list now and I am sure they will do so.
We have ordered the Hog Roast roast today for 125 people and the company is now on the Southport RV and motorhome rally ( on face book )

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Any news yet on a menu for Sunday lunch?
I will post it after Easter and you pay me and I hold the money till you are happy with your meal, it is the same price as last year £12 and a free glass of wine. Also booked the mini bus driver that we had last year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back