Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Never been- Must go to Scotland one day:Smile: The hills and Mountains look awesome. if I do ever get there it will probably be via Murrayfield which is normally Feb/March. Is that a good time to visit?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never been- Must go to Scotland one day:Smile: The hills and Mountains look awesome.

From your location the choice for hills is Scotland or Switzerland. Good though Scotland is the "mountains" would not qualify as speed bumps in Switzerland.

But one Sunday morning, about the 4th of January I was stood, freezing, by the side of the Dee at Aboyne and from across the river came the sound of a lone piper. Tell you what, that was a bit magic.

PS I think it was a piper, it could have been a sheep hit by a 4x4. Have you ever heard the sound of a 4x4 owner when their vehicle if damaged ?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There is no Grampian on that site. It's not under Aberdeenshire either. Looks like it slipped through the net.

Looks that way Brian..

Banchory is in Kincardineshire which isn't listed :Sad:

Link Removed

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Never been- Must go to Scotland one day:Smile: The hills and Mountains look awesome. if I do ever get there it will probably be via Murrayfield which is normally Feb/March. Is that a good time to visit?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thats why we go South for the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
From your location the choice for hills is Scotland or Switzerland. Good though Scotland is the "mountains" would not qualify as speed bumps in Switzerland.

Ahhh, but our mountains are far far older than the Swiss whippersnapper Johnny come lately thingys. :RollEyes::winky:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Ah Derek, do you not long for the time when the Iapitus ocean was between Scotland and England?

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
I remember it well sir!:ROFLMAO:

The fishing was so much better then old bean. :Doh:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
like any fuel locator site it only works if the garage has registered with the website.
there must be more than a handful of garages selling LPG in the highlands.

I'm sure your correct John .. but knowing where SOME are is better than not knowing where ANY are .. if it aint perfect don't shoot the messenger ... :RollEyes:

beginning to wonder if it's worth posting any info these days.. :Doh:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I'm sure your correct John .. but knowing where SOME are is better than not knowing where ANY are .. if it aint perfect don't shoot the messenger ... :RollEyes:

Don't stop posting good information Jim, there will always someone who thinks they know better. Many members will quietly squirrel away the information & get it out when the need arises, like I do. :thumb:

I discovered the web site behind your post & have it logged for future use, a good reference for LPG all over the UK.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

hey!! i wasnt having a dig Jim. sorry if it appeared so.:Blush:
just making an observation.:thumb:
what i meant was if a garage hasnt registered it cant be included.

sat-nav's no better.....how many garages have you passed and not had the 'ping' from your gadget to inform you.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Don't stop posting good information Jim, there will always someone who thinks they know better. Many members will quietly squirrel away the information & get it out when the need arises, like I do. :thumb:

I discovered the web site behind your post & have it logged for future use, a good reference for LPG all over the UK.

hey!! i wasnt having a dig Jim. sorry if it appeared so.:Blush:
just making an observation.:thumb:
what i meant was if a garage hasnt registered it cant be included.

sat-nav's no better.....how many garages have you passed and not had the 'ping' from your gadget to inform you.

Thanks Keith, no offence taken John ..

but it seems to me that this site is going the way facts did a few years ago when members became scared to post for fear of being criticised or picked on. If you read the facts posts you will see it still goes on.

The majority of people come on here to contribute and learn but some simply to pick holes or make smart ass remarks ..

Not this post in particular, and not at me especially, but it's a growing trend which I've noticed and quite frankly I'm getting tired of. Several people have contacted me who don't want to ask things on an open forum, not because it's private but because they are afraid of asking.

Anyways.. I'm off topic on my own thread :Doh: ..better start a new one :roflmto:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim most if not all those sites are on the LPG UK Poi, that I put in the download section sometime ago. Just found one for Ireland and will be sticking that in there shortly.

Olley

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim most if not all those sites are on the LPG UK Poi, that I put in the download section sometime ago. Just found one for Ireland and will be sticking that in there shortly.

Olley

Hi Olley

thanks.. appreciate that ..
I was aware of your Sat Nav POIS .. just thought the GM was useful for those who don't use sat nav, or want to have a look before setting off plus you can get a lot of info from the Google map, address, opening times, credit card, etc .. and if you have an RV, by looking closely on the sat view you can make a more informed decision whether it's likely to present access problems.. or not..
I've leaned from bitter experience never to trust sat nav POIs totally, so still use paper maps to plan and locate sites, aires, etc , before setting off, saves a lot of potential hassle.
An ounce of planning on a paper map is worth a ton of POIs :roflmto:

jim

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim, put like that I have to agree with you. ::bigsmile:

Its a pity that large parts of Scotland still aren't in high res. in Google, unlike the UK which seems to be covered 100%

Olley

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim, put like that I have to agree with you. ::bigsmile:

Its a pity that large parts of Scotland still aren't in high res. in Google, unlike the UK which seems to be covered 100%

Olley

That's because their aint much to see unless you like high resolution of heather and midges, besides, I think they are still waiting for a sunny day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

seriously , yes I agree..

jim

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Now if this post was on another site there would be several people pointing out that unfortunately Scotland is still part of the UK!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
:Blush::Blush::Blush: sorry should have said England and Wales. Have to agree that its unfortunate. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back