0% interest on new Samsung phones (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not having a go at anyone but I don't get it ... why would you pay that sort of money for a phone! I know people use them for other stuff too but the prices they are asking for them is just ridiculous ... does anyone actually NEED a phone that costs that much or can a much cheaper phone do the same things you want to at a fraction of the cost?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It's a gadgy lol
I use it as my computer, and do everything on it, including Fun :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Minxy Girl knowing what a savvy girl you are what phone would you go for, have to admit I can see no good reason to pay that kind of money.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Noooo Mel I should have said your not included in the offer:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl knowing what a savvy girl you are what phone would you go for, have to admit I can see no good reason to pay that kind of money.
I may be savvy about some stuff but not phones ... I have a Motorola Moto E now as it came with the contract I have with Tesco (£7.50 a month) previously I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 which I prefer, in fact I've just unlocked it so may go back to that. Both are just basic smart phones and if it wasn't for the fact that I have to use the web and text occasionally I'd have a bog standard keypad clamshell phone. It annoys me that to answer the (smart) phone I have to mess about taking my gloves off and then swiping ... although when at the car boot sale I've mastered the art of swiping the phone with the tip of my nose :D but can't 'hang up' afterwards without removing my glove - not ideal when at a car boot sale with bags of stuff and/or it's freezing! Oh and for those who are wondering, no I do NOT get snot all over it! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Noooo Mel I should have said your not included in the offer:)
I'm not for sale Eddie ... no-one could afford my price ... or want to! :LOL:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Minxy Girl snap mine is a Motorola G, every now and then I wonder should I upgrade, but can't justify the price maybe I'm missing something.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Minxy Girl snap mine is a Motorola G, every now and then I wonder should I upgrade, but can't justify the price maybe I'm missing something.
If it does what you need why change it? The only other thing I prefer about my old Samsung to the Motorola is that the Samsung had a gyroscope thing in it so I could use a compass app, the Motorola E hasn't, although I believe the G version has ... wanna swap! :D

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
£399? :eek: So mine from a neighbour for £60 plus £20 to unlock it was a bargain? :)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
It annoys me that to answer the (smart) phone I have to mess about taking my gloves off and then swiping ... although when at the car boot sale I've mastered the art of swiping the phone with the tip of my nose :D but can't 'hang up' afterwards without removing my glove - not ideal when at a car boot sale with bags of stuff and/or it's freezing!

Get yourself some of these

Amazon product ASIN B00J206116
There are loads of different types, just put in touchscreen gloves.

I need to get a new pair as my original knitted pair from about 3 years are just about falling to bits now and beyond any further repair.

ETA - darn it - can't get the link to work - just put touchscreen gloves in on Amazon

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not having a go at anyone but I don't get it ... why would you pay that sort of money for a phone! I know people use them for other stuff too but the prices they are asking for them is just ridiculous ... does anyone actually NEED a phone that costs that much or can a much cheaper phone do the same things you want to at a fraction of the cost?

Nothing "ridiculous" at all.

I use my Note 4 every single hour, of every single day, as one or more of the following...

...a phone, a computer (3gig ram) for emailing, Skyping, online banking, web browsing, posting on forums, reading books and newspapers (sports pages), a video player, a TV, a music player, a video camera, a still camera, a diary, a notebook, a radio, a chess set, a backgammon set, a "Go" board, a piano, a Sat Nav, an atlas, a voice recorder, a calculator, a sketch pad and so, so, so very, very much more...

AND it charges up in minutes from a normal 12 volt socket via a USB cable.

It would be brilliant value for money for me even if it cost TWICE as much...

Perfect for motorhoming.

Can't wait for the Note Six (with 6 gig of ram)... released later this year!

Mind you... I wouldn't spend a single penny on a hand bag or a pair of gloves!

JJ :cool:

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
I'm on my second Note (lost first one) and I like it a lot. Screen's big enough to be useful and readable, camera is good quality, loads of apps available and it fits most pockets ok. Also has the benefit of not being Apple with associated restrictions on use of music.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I'm on my second Note (lost first one) and I like it a lot. Screen's big enough to be useful and readable, camera is good quality, loads of apps available and it fits most pockets ok. Also has the benefit of not being Apple with associated restrictions on use of music.

Mr Hughman, you are obviously a man of good taste and wisdom...

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nothing "ridiculous" at all.

I use my Note 4 every single hour, of every single day, as one or more of the following...

...a phone, a computer (3gig ram) for emailing, Skyping, online banking, web browsing, posting on forums, reading books and newspapers (sports pages), a video player, a TV, a music player, a video camera, a still camera, a diary, a notebook, a radio, a chess set, a backgammon set, a "Go" board, a piano, a Sat Nav, an atlas, a voice recorder, a calculator, a sketch pad and so, so, so very, very much more...

AND it charges up in minutes from a normal 12 volt socket via a USB cable.

It would be brilliant value for money for me even if it cost TWICE as much...

Perfect for motorhoming.

Would have liked your post twice but couldn't.
Absolutely spot on your money spend it / enjoy it however you want.(y)(y)
My missus stopped criticising how much I spend on my motorbikes when I did a quick mental calculation of how much she spends on bags shoes clothes and fabric for her crafting projects. :eek::eek:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I know I've posted this before but it tells the tale of Value vs cost so well........

My very closest mate is relatively well off. He has his own airplane, Motorhome, boat, Grouse shoot in Scotland and a pheasant shoot down in the Chalk Valley in Wiltshire and regularly shoots as an invited (paying) guest around the country, but he is NOT flash.

When his daughter was getting married, his wife and daughter came home having found the wedding dress of her dreams and he was allowed to see the bride in all her finery and of course, big softy that he is had a quiet tear.

He asked his wife the cost of the dress only to be told to mind his own business. Several times over the next few weeks he attempted to learn just how much this dress had cost him, but was unsuccessful.

Finally one day close to the wedding, he DEMANDED to know what it cost, and his lovely wife replied.

"put it this way dear, it's less than a single days shooting costs you!"

For a second or two he was struck dumb, then he replied........"Oh, very good value then."

The topic never came up again.:whistle:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I feel the same about phones, mines a Kestral from TMobile, costs about £14 a month, but as has been said its your money so what ever floats your boat. :)

Ian

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Get yourself some of these

Amazon product ASIN B00J206116
There are loads of different types, just put in touchscreen gloves.

I need to get a new pair as my original knitted pair from about 3 years are just about falling to bits now and beyond any further repair.

ETA - darn it - can't get the link to work - just put touchscreen gloves in on Amazon

My daughter has these type of gloves. useful at this time of year

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ahh, the joys of being a technical dinosaur. No worries about what I could do with a mobile phone. Just use it as it was originally intended without constantly bumping into people whilst trying to watch some app or whatever they are called :cool:.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.

Complete myth!
There are no restrictions, to the music you can put on any Apple product!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

So, what will the Note 6 give you that your existing one doesn't?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Bigger battery, more RAM probably a better processor. Note 4 good enough for me as now at same price as lesser commpetors except black is sold out!:(

My son a amazon prime member just got an mail that amazon doing 0% on over £399

I'm with @JJ these devices so much more then a phone they are a media centre...phone function hardly relevent

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Double the Ram (= much faster streaming and more multi tasking options.) (The screen won't freeze just as Yaya is about to take penalty number 4...)

Much larger on board memory storage plus the (now re-instated) micro SD expansion slot.

Higher spec camera... better photos/videos in low light.

Longer lasting battery.

Better and stronger case.

Plus, I feel so naff if Champers has a more modern phone than me...

Any other questions?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Is 0% that big a deal the interest rates are too low and I always think if I can't afford it I will either wait or think do I really NEED it (or if I just want rather than need it forget it). I must be getting old

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

Mine, an iPhone, is my diary, my reminder, my camera, my photograph album, my calculator, my music, my books, my address and phone book, my internet connection, my weather forecaster, my sat nav, my train and bus timetable, my listing for Aires and campsites, my alarm clock and timer, and many other things too. All of it is instantly available in my pocket 24 hours a day and all in one small convenient package. Oh, I use it for phone calls and text messages too

Of course I could live without it but I wouldn't want to and as for the money, well as far as I am concerned it's well worth it.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Why pay £60,000 for a motorhome when you can get one that does the same for £20,000, why pay £15,000 for a motorbike when you can get one that does the same for £500. Why pay £80 for jeans, etc etc etc.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back