Murvi Morello, for my solo adventures, opinions please? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Help !!

I think I have found the right van for me, but would appreciate the views of all you knowledgeable funsters. Wellhouse leisure are selling this van ( details taken from their Autotrader advert).

I had to reduce my original budget, due to other commitments, so this is right financially. I am planning to view it on Monday. It looks in very tidy condition, and I have sat in a few Murvi's at shows and at the showroom in Devon.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks in advance. By the way, what do you reckon, is the upholstery red or orange?

Karen

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I know it is a compromise, getting the right layout. However, I think the open lounge and sofa makes up for the bed issue. Especially as I will be travelling solo. I like a fixed bed, but all the other van conversions I have seen have a tiny front lounge, and the kitchen sticks out into the doorway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Check underneath for rust and damage and use the MOT look up system to find out about any failures/advisories and that the yearly milage tallies up OK (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like a nice tidy van - the upholstery is more red than orange from memory!

MOT status check here:

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
2001 review of a Morello here:

Broken Link Removed

Others here:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Long way for you to travel,,Murvi are based down your way ,,do not they have any second hand vans???? BUSBY.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Looks a very practical van and we'll looked after,it has my (y)up, regards Alf.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome to the world of Murvi! Buy it quick and there might just be room for you at the Murvi rally in Cornwall I'm organising in April where you will be able to meet a lot of other Morello owners. :)

The bed is very quick to make up.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I can't offer any advice about that particular make as I have never owned one but they are well liked by many people, I don't see the bed making as a problem and as you say all vans are a compromise in one way or another.
Is the dealer giving you a vehicle service and a habitation check, let us all know how you get on with the purchase.
Then get out there and have fun in it :party2:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
A second look at the advert, has the area above the windscreen been painted black for some reason or is it simply the photograph. I have never seen one done like that before, maybe a previous owners cosmetic job.
Di Johnson and her husband of M.M.M. magazine have happily owned a Murvi for years and they liked it so much they have just bought another.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A second look at the advert, has the area above the windscreen been painted black for some reason or is it simply the photograph. I have never seen one done like that before, maybe a previous owners cosmetic job.
Whole roof is that colour .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Check the payload and axle loads to make sure you have enough capacity. Some models where not fit for purpose @3500

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
600.jpg

Whole roof is that colour .
I hadn't noticed the roof was a different colour ... it may be that it got marked/dented/scratched but I'd certainly want to know more about why it was done to ensure there are no problems waiting to be discovered, it could simply be that having to have the whole roof re-painted in the same colour was an expensive thing to have done hence painting it black - we had to do this once with a car and it actually looked a lot better for it! It may also account for why it's a bit cheaper than IMV it would normally be.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
I have just bought a Duetto one year older than the one your looking at. Does it have a warranty with it? it is important as in the first week my central locking broke and had to be replaced, under warranty thank goodness, also it is handy to live in the company's area to save driving miles for repair.
I'm on my own and enjoy traveling. so Good luck and enjoy.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Layout looks ideal for a solo traveler and if the colour suits u then go for it.
Subject to advice above and perhaps getting a mechanical check done by AA RAC if they still do them.
And don't forget to haggle the price down and get new batteries gas bottles thrown in.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A black roof on a camper completely daft. Must be so hot in summer

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Always liked the layout of the Morello. It was one of my top choices when I was on my own as I could have used it as everyday transport, but eventually decided I could afford a car as well so went for a Aclass with a fixdd bed. Met swmbo shortly aftrwards so the morello would not have been a good choice.

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I hadn't noticed the black roof! 12 month AA insurance backed warranty. New MOT, habitation check and service thrown in.
I am going up to view it. Driving up this afternoon and staying overnight locally.

Would love to join your meet DBK. Where abouts in Cornwall are you flocking to?

Will report back later!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I hadn't noticed the black roof! 12 month AA insurance backed warranty. New MOT, habitation check and service thrown in.
I am going up to view it. Driving up this afternoon and staying overnight locally.

Would love to join your meet DBK. Where abouts in Cornwall are you flocking to?

Will report back later!
Google Murvi Owners Club and you will see the list of events.

Hang on, dog walking at the moment, one thumbed typing, but here it is.
http://murviclub.org.uk/w/

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Minxy

Thanks for the MOT link. It failed on "excessively fluctuating front offside brake last year. Advisory that brakes needed sorting out. No other advisories that I can see. I will check that the pads/discs were replaced, but as they are putting a new mot on it, I am guessing that any brake work will need to be done anyway.

Karen

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They are not noted for modern/lightweight construction methods..Only way to find out is to weigh it.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Help !!

I think I have found the right van for me, but would appreciate the views of all you knowledgeable funsters. Wellhouse leisure are selling this van ( details taken from their Autotrader advert).

I had to reduce my original budget, due to other commitments, so this is right financially. I am planning to view it on Monday. It looks in very tidy condition, and I have sat in a few Murvi's at shows and at the showroom in Devon.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks in advance. By the way, what do you reckon, is the upholstery red or orange?

Karen

Did you buy the MURVI ?? BUSBY.

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi all.

Well, just got back from Shepley. I bought the van. Very pleased. Upholstery us red BTW, and in very good nick.

Picking it up next Monday, providing it goes through the mot on Thursday.

It only has a small gas bottle, which is located under the bathroom sink. However, it is only used for cooking, so if need be I will eat out a lot.!

I can't wait to pick it up and have a play.

Karen

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Did you buy the MURVI ?? BUSBY.
YES I DID. I drove back to Somerset with a massive grin on my face!

What a weekend. I bought a flat on Friday, and a motorhome today. I start my new job tomorrow!

I need a lie down to recover.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi DBK

Can I join your exclusive club now please?
Yes of course. :) Hope all goes well with the collection, I won't ask about the logistics of collecting it from Yorkshire!

One of the advantages of the layout, assuming it is similar to ours, is things like the fridge and water pump are easy to get at through the rear doors if any careful maintenance with a lump hammer is required. :)

I haven't modified ours hardly at all, apart from an extra interior light and a couple of USB charging sockets - the latter are really useful and pretty easy to fit with minimal wiring required if you choose the right places. However, a few have added all sorts of extras to theirs.

Have a look at the website I linked earlier, you can also sign up to the chat group, which can be useful although any technical questions are best put on this forum as it will reach a much wider audience.

And congratulations!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back