Fiat tyre pressure warning system problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Weighed the motorhome axles loaded and got 1,890kg on front and 2,410kg on back. Both within limits, front by 410kg and the back by 90kg. So I decided to reset the pressure to that which Continental say I should use for the 225/75R16 camper tyres I have - 3.5bar at the front and 5.25bar on the rear

Now my factory Fiat fitted tyre pressure warning system (came with motorhome when I bought it) is telling me that my front tyre pressures are too low!! I have read the Fiat manual and can't find a way to adjust it for these revised pressures. Anybody had this problem before and know how to fix it please?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I just tried google and apparently it's not adjustable by the user
You may need to get your Fiat dealer to reset the pressures
Don't want to post a link as its another MH forum

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What pressure does the door pillar plate (or manual) call for, maybe you will just have to put a bit more in the front, I am running the 225x75x16 conti fourseasons 121 load rating, the axle load is about the same as yours and I am at just over 4 bar or 60 psi.

Seems a bit silly not to be able to reset it though.

Martin

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks everybody.

AFAIK there is no door pillar plate. And the information on tyre pressures in Fiat's handbook has been overstamped by Hymer with the German for invalid. Not surprising given that Hymer uprated the front suspension and the wheels and tyres. But then all Hymer do in their handbook is give one figure based upon the rated maximum axle load, not the actual. And there is no way that I can achieve that on the front, no matter how I load the van.

The tyre makers know what is best for their tyres when you give them the actual axle loads and Continental are willing to back it up in writing.

I have spoken to Fiat Pro garage (it was there I discovered the problem) and they did not have a clue. All they could tell me was that it was worked by Bluetooth. I spoke to Fiat and they said I will need to contact Hymer and they will contact Fiat.

Interestingly I had to let some air out of the tyre to get down to it, which of course appears to be a puncture to the system. I wonder if I let more out and then repumped it up it would reset itself to the new figure?

Hi, I don't know the answer, in fact I didn't even know Fiat were fitting a TPMS system.
D.
It is a factory fit extra on all 2015 Hymer Fiat based A classes. I suspect it was new to the X290.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If it's going to reset itself you have to drive it for a while, something like over 15 mph for so minutes, or you do on our car but it's a BMW so this could completely different.

Do you know what pressure the system is looking for?

Martin

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If it's going to reset itself you have to drive it for a while, something like over 15 mph for so minutes, or you do on our car but it's a BMW so this could completely different.

Do you know what pressure the system is looking for?

Martin
Drove back from the Fiat Pro dealer t a good speed and it did not rest itself. Have switcjhed the ignition on and off on several occasions with no result either. :(

All the warning does is tell me what the pressure is and says its low. It does not tell me what it should be, although I reduced it from about 4 bar,and it was OK before that.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Goes to Peugeot dealer mid March for ignition switch recall and this will post the result it also has gear change indication which indicates to change up when in 6 th gear they also checking the software this known problem

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Drove back from the Fiat Pro dealer t a good speed and it did not rest itself. Have switcjhed the ignition on and off on several occasions with no result either. :(

All the warning does is tell me what the pressure is and says its low. It does not tell me what it should be, although I reduced it from about 4 bar,and it was OK before that.

Back to 4 bar possibly, won't make much difference.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back