Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Another question for you seasoned travellers please

1. Is it worth getting the ACSI ID Card, if so would we both need one or is it just the person who makes the booking on campsite.

2. Not keen to leave passports with campsite receptions, are they OK to see the original and then hold a copy.
Many thanks(y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You only need the one and yes they are worth the money IMHO
Just give them the card however we use it in off season and very rarely need to use it.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
had one since they came out every year, i think its much better than messing with passports which get locked away for the duration

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
had one since they came out every year, i think its much better than messing with passports which get locked away for the duration
Have never had a passport locked away, photocopy taken, same as when staying in a hotel, then handed back. Did have an ACSI ID card, but not everywhere accepts them.
Ok for the insurance they provide though.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Never had passport taken, usually they just keep your ACSI discount card, anyone would be a fool to run off with that there so they assume it's a good bet you'll be back in the morning :D So nope, not worth it at all, but that's just us, been doing it bout 3 years, 5 to 6 weeks per year. To be fair, even leaving your passport is ok, they do it at most hotels I've been in abroad, so ..... :)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Another question for you seasoned travellers please

1. Is it worth getting the ACSI ID Card, if so would we both need one or is it just the person who makes the booking on campsite.

2. Not keen to leave passports with campsite receptions, are they OK to see the original and then hold a copy.
Many thanks(y)

Ive been wondering about this too. Ive got the ACSI club membership but toying with the idea of ID card.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Never left our card with anyone or our passports.
In fact we've not bothered at all with ACSI this year.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Get one every. year, 5€, what's not to like, saves hassle of getting out the passports at times, the price of 2 coffees, albeit not Benidorm coffees. :whistle2:

Hymie

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have never had a passport locked away, photocopy taken, same as when staying in a hotel, then handed back. Did have an ACSI ID card, but not everywhere accepts them.
What insurance do you get with an ACSI card, had one last year but didn't notice anything about insurance, am I missing something?

Deleted User
The ACSI ID card is a relatively new idea and thus not as widely accepted as the CCI ( Camping Card International ) which has been around for years and is widely accepted. This is available for around £5 from all the major clubs and motoring organisations.

The CCI is well worth having in my opinion, it is accepted as ID at most sites, has included public liability insurance and some sites offer 10% discount on production of the card in the absence of any other discount card. This was very useful before ACSI introduced their discount scheme.

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
The ACSI ID card is a relatively new idea and thus not as widely accepted as the CCI ( Camping Card International ) which has been around for years and is widely accepted. This is available for around £5 from all the major clubs and motoring organisations.

The CCI is well worth having in my opinion, it is accepted as ID at most sites, has included public liability insurance and some sites offer 10% discount on production of the card in the absence of any other discount card. This was very useful before ACSI introduced their discount scheme.
I went ahead and ordered the ACSI id card before reading this post. Have just checked on their site and it does include public liability, was going to put a link to the relevant info page but being a bit techno phobic was not sure if I would get it right. Anyway for the sake of £4.95 thought it was worth getting. It does say that in the ACSI book it states on each ACSI campsite entry if the ID card is accepted, sorted I'm happy with that.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This year we found most sites in the guide were giving anyone the ACSI price and didn't require the card at all.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This year we found most sites in the guide were giving anyone the ACSI price and didn't require the card at all.
This is what we found last year, some even had the prices on a board outside, but if you have not had it before it's worth the tenner for the campsite book, but now we have last years I don't think we will have it this year, then again what can you get for a tenner (n) might just go with it again, but interested in this insurance thing, don't know anything about that, anyone know what it is exactly.

Deleted User
This is what we found last year, some even had the prices on a board outside, but if you have not had it before it's worth the tenner for the campsite book, but now we have last years I don't think we will have it this year, then again what can you get for a tenner (n) might just go with it again, but interested in this insurance thing, don't know anything about that, anyone know what it is exactly.

Third party liability is included, not sure about the limit, covers you if you cause damage to others ie gas bottle explodes and destroys your neighbours van or injures someone that may not be covered by other insurances.

Broken Link Removed

The ACSI ID card will have the same.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

the point i was making is "I lock the passports away" for safe keeping and for the duration of our trip and use the ACSI ID card and I always carry photo copies of the passports in case of an issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back