Privacy room (1 Viewer)

E

ElvisQPR

Deleted User
Hi. New to here and new to motorhome owning too.
Please tell me that it is possible to affix a zip privacy front and sides to a non-zip standard fiamma awning. Clip system or such-like?
Sorry if that is a dumb question.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi elvis and welcome (even if you are an Rs fan)
They are avtually different. I have not seen anyone do this but stand to be corrected. From me remembering (ive had both) teh zip merely zipped on to a cannopy which had a zip atteched. The clip system was done by utilising the pole which had a hole in the canopy runner. Im not saying its imposible but may require some DIY intervention and may be a bit of a fiddle. Personally people tend to believe that teh safari room is hassle anyhow. Many go for the mesh that slots in, much lighter and easy to fit. Keeps the wind off, or we tend to use our drive away awning. Both the safari rooms we have had we have ended up selling, however people who go racing seem to love them.

haganap (eagles- londons finest)

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi ElvisQPR I can't help with your question:Sad: but :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

C'mon Urrrrrr's. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ElvisQPR

Deleted User
Thanks for the replies. And Brisey, come on U soopahhhh.....

I guess I`ve made an elementary booboo then???? I`ve bought this rather expensive privacy room and can`t attach it? The guy told me there was a clip system that you could use!

Are there decent sides and fronts available for the standard awning at all?

Looks like I`m going to have to sell the one I have bought. Always the way when money is tight. Oh well you live and learn :Sad:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the show, the fiamma awning has front and sides available to complete a safari room, see Johns Cross site for prices, The world of motorhomes is a bit different to tugging but you will soon settle in. Why not join us at the Shepton Mallet Show in September, lots of members attending who could help with any remaining problems.
click the link below for full details

<Link Removed>

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks for the replies. And Brisey, come on U soopahhhh.....

I guess I`ve made an elementary booboo then???? I`ve bought this rather expensive privacy room and can`t attach it? The guy told me there was a clip system that you could use!

Are there decent sides and fronts available for the standard awning at all?

Looks like I`m going to have to sell the one I have bought. Always the way when money is tight. Oh well you live and learn :Sad:

Hi Elvis, I sold both of mine on ebay for good money. Don't know what you paid for it but I got £250 for both of mine that I sold. Try the free ads on here and outandaboutlive.co.uk there always seems buyers out there for these items.

and next time ASK BEFORE YOU BUY :Doh:

happy touring.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ElvisQPR

Deleted User
Hi Elvis, I sold both of mine on ebay for good money. Don't know what you paid for it but I got £250 for both of mine that I sold. Try the free ads on here and outandaboutlive.co.uk there always seems buyers out there for these items.

and next time ASK BEFORE YOU BUY :Doh:

happy touring.

Yep it`s on EBay! ::bigsmile:

I asked. But I asked the wrong person! :ROFLMAO:

Now looking for a safari room!!!!! :thumb:

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Elvis

I would think that quite a few of us have been down the same route.:Blush: We have a Safari Room which we have never used,:whatthe: also had a porch type awning which the missus didn't like:Sad: and have finally settled for a Khyam Excesior Motordome drive away awning.:thumb:
We have yet to erect it, so we could have another mistaken purchase in the offing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Elvis

I would think that quite a few of us have been down the same route.:Blush: We have a Safari Room which we have never used,:whatthe: also had a porch type awning which the missus didn't like:Sad: and have finally settled for a Khyam Excesior Motordome drive away awning.:thumb:
We have yet to erect it, so we could have another mistaken purchase in the offing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trust me elvis, that is the best answer to safari room probems I have heard, Learn from those of us that have hauled these overweight bits of kit around

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
A different, lightweight option could be here:

http://www.lillypadleisure.com/

We have one for the side and friends of ours have a couple of front panels. Simple to fit, quick to remove and very light.

The side panels are threaded on an extendable pole which fits between the 'van mounted cassette and the wound out box section. The front panels slide into the channel on the front of the fiamma / omnistor. Variety of colours

Saw them at Malvern last year

Hope this is of use.

John

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back