Bargain Gas Bottle Level Indicator? (1 Viewer)

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
(y)Ain't no bargain me thinks, can buy a spare cylinder and a few pints of ale for forty quid

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Yeah! too pricey, they need to offer an effective but economic alternative.

:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Well er you can get a strip off EBay for a couple of quid that does the same ?

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Can't remember who but a Funster was asking about gauges recently .... Just seen Broken Link Removed> on the Autogas2000 web site.
why don't you just put a in-line gas indicator gauge??

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Yep,cheap as chips ,and works well..got mine off fleabay £13.95 inc p&p and it does the job .there is a similar item called a gasfuse ,much dearer as its supposed to cut off the gas if you have a major gas leak .doesnt work on small leaks .not worth the extra tenner and the gauge is nowhere near as accurate as the one I have from ebay ..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

the one in the OP has a wireless display inside, useful IMO, I usually only go into gas locker to change the bottle when it runs out, I would swap over if low before it goes dark and starts to snow if I had one of these :)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
but only be really good if you then have an internal indicator, I still quite like knowing I still have a full cylinder when ours runs out, presuming I then fill up o_O and park carefully (y)

Not quite ;) The auto changeover valve goes from Green (1st bottle) to Red when it changes over. So all you really need to do is simply have a quick look at the valve now and then.

Every one will have their view but I can honestly say that I would NOT be without one (having had it and knowing how convenient it really is).

I can only equate it to using SilverScreens ............... if you have never used one, you won't understand what all the fuss is about!

Don't mess around with inaccurate gauges, they are only an approximation :rolleyes:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We use a very accurate device we put on the hob. If it whistles; we have gas and relax with a nice cup of tea.
That would not have helped @DavidG58 in Scotland last year tho Jim , he would still have had to go outside in the snow to change cylinders ;)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Oh! one point I forgot to mention is the GasLow R67 Bottle has gauge fitted on the valve system and from my experience its quite accurate:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back