Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Has anyone used the Calais port recently? I would imagine arriving there and moving into France would not be a problem. However returning from there could be very different.
Has anyone experienced any problems or aggressive behaviour on the way to the docks recently?
Thanks.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
A friend called me this afternoon to say ther was all hell on there he was parked up at a marina type place a few minutes from the port.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
A lot of the problems appear to be on the motorway leading down to the docks!!It may be wise to approach the ferries from the town.Go through the town centre towards Plage.Just before the Marina and the bridge turn right and follow the road round.It may!be a safer way !!Got to feel extremely sorry for all the locals who have to put up with all the aggro every day!We have for years used the tunnel and stayed on either the sea front aire or the marina when we arrive in France and when we leave.We treat ourselves to a meal at one of the restaurants but am not sure we will do the same in may/june when we go this year!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Strangely enough, I was just catching up on the news on this very subject. Apparently the proposed eviction of the 'Squalid' and 'Crime ridden' south part of the camp has been postponed. The migrants apparently then went on a rampage through the town causing chaos! As far as I can tell, the situation can only get worse for the time being.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35663225
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-French-port-town-Jungle-camp-eviction-halted

Why they ever announce anything is beyond me. Just surround the place & send in the bulldozers. Any resisting identifying or failing registering themselves Just round up & deport. If I was a local I'd have torched it years ago. No way would I put up with that.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
From what I can see they don't want to move to much better living accommodation because they will have to register and have their fingerprints taken, being that as it is they are economic migrants to illegal immigrants. So why does being illegal not mean they can be deported back to the first "safe" country they got off the boat in?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
So why does being illegal not mean they can be deported back to the first "safe" country they got off the boat in?

AND the answer is???. FAR too many "bleeding hearts" mithering on about the "poor kids". (AKA the next generation of ISIS / Bombers). Who hog the T-V pleading for more cash to spend on this load of detritus!!.

Time to turn the Water canon and Rubber Bullets on them. Round them up and put them on LST`s run the lot up the beaches in North Africa, with a warning that next time they WILL be shot!.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks all. Just hope that they leave Motorhomes alone. My sail back is 7.30am so hope they are sleeping. Removing the ladder of the back and fitting external Fiama swing lock to hab door. Entry for us through cab doors. Chilli pepper at the ready!

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Went over pm on the 13th mid day and stayed overnight at Calais port Aire. Returned on the 18th afternoon and stayed at the Cite d'Europe leaving the following morning. No evidence of migrants.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
AND the answer is???. FAR too many "bleeding hearts" mithering on about the "poor kids". (AKA the next generation of ISIS / Bombers). Who hog the T-V pleading for more cash to spend on this load of detritus!!.

Time to turn the Water canon and Rubber Bullets on them. Round them up and put them on LST`s run the lot up the beaches in North Africa, with a warning that next time they WILL be shot!.

Pete

The problem with huge. 453 unaccompanied children is that the parents are aware that as soon as the softies allow the children asylum in the UK the parents will suddenly appear and demand the right to a family life as they have children here ....just another trick to get free everything without contributing. IMHO ..Roy

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The problem with huge. 453 unaccompanied children is that the parents are aware that as soon as the softies allow the children asylum in the UK the parents will suddenly appear and demand the right to a family life as they have children here ....just another trick to get free everything without contributing. IMHO ..Roy

That`s my Fear too. But the "Bleeding Hearts" cannot see it!!. It`s bloody obvious to most of us, and typical of the ethos of the Cretins involved!

Pete

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Slurry gulper,fill it,then drive onto site. Open discharge valve and do a tour of the site.
Tea Bag

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
[QUOTE="Tea Bag, post: 1762441, member: 2886gentrification Slurry gulper,fill it,then drive onto site. Open discharge valve and do a tour of the site.
Tea Bag[/QUOTE]
From what I see of the place, this would be gentrification. ;)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Can't say I've seen any aggression but we have been caught in a queue where they were running between trucks looking for free rides. That was before the big fences went up.

With the current clear out of the tented area they've been told they have three options - move into the container area (where presumably there's more official recording and monitoring), seek asylum in France, or be relocated to a different camp away from Calais. Living unregistered in 'The Jungle' is no longer an option - in theory.

However, having seen what can occur when staged demonstrations or protests occur we've decided to return via Dunkirk for our two trips abroad this year. At the time of booking it worked out cheaper than Dover-Calais return. Knowing my luck they'll turn their attentions to Dunkirk :)

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Can anyone provide the co ords for the Calais port side please.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We are in Calais for the night, but in a hotel at City Europe as we in the car, due to the need to get home for an emergency. We have not seen any migrants, but the hotel is full of Gendarmes. We came in on the autoroute and again there was no sign of any trouble, just hope it's the same on the tunnel in the morning.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Get off ferry, keep right towards Plage. You can see Aire on right as ferry enters port

Attachments

• aire.jpg
    aire.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 17

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997

If you mean the port side aire it's at 50.965902, 1.843751

If you mean the side entrance to Calais port (travelling from town centre and avoiding autoroute past migrant camp) it's 50.967472, 1.870061

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
If you mean the port side aire it's at 50.965902, 1.843751

If you mean the side entrance to Calais port (travelling from town centre and avoiding autoroute past migrant camp) it's 50.967472, 1.870061

Thanks for those, just what I needed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back