Pilote Warranty (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Can anyone tell me how long the manufactures warranty on a new Pilote MH to the first owner lasts for.
The cost for a annual habcheck by the dealer will cost £220 inc vat, and would involve a 330 mile round trip plus maybe a night away at £15.

My local NCC approved MH service centre is 4 miles away (but are willing to come to my home address) for £120 in vat.
Does anyone know if using this local centre would violate Pilote's warranty in any way.
Who could give me a decisive answer..
Colin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is only for info as I know nothing about Pilote but may be useful for others who read this thread...

I checked with Autotrail when my first one was due, for them it needs to be a NCC engineer and they gave me the link to the website.. All mine have been done at home by mobile NCC companies, I have had issues with the van and Autotrail have accepted the hab checks with no questions..

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Thank you Minxy Girl. My local service centre is AWS approved, but am I right in thinking in your comment that unless Pilote endorce these service centres I may be violating my warranty.
All the dealers and service centres are 200+ miles round trip away.
Colin

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We have always had our Pilote hab check done by CLS a member on here. We did have to take it back for a cooker problem once and no mention was made that we hadn't had the hab check done at the dealers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thank you Minxy Girl. My local service centre is AWS approved, but am I right in thinking in your comment that unless Pilote endorce these service centres I may be violating my warranty.
All the dealers and service centres are 200+ miles round trip away.
Colin
Yes that's the case AFAIK - it may be worth a phone call to the AWS themselves to check if Pilote do endorse the scheme as the list on the AWS website isn't complete, just an example.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is only for info as I know nothing about Pilote but may be useful for others who read this thread...

I checked with Autotrail when my first one was due, for them it needs to be a NCC engineer and they gave me the link to the website.. All mine have been done at home by mobile NCC companies, I have had issues with the van and Autotrail have accepted the hab checks with no questions..
I think it will have been an AWS engineer not a NCC engineer as the NCC is the National Caravan Council (trade body) who support the AWS scheme along with the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravanning Club:

http://www.thencc.org.uk/Our_Schemes/AWSScheme.aspx

http://www.thencc.org.uk

Welcome to the NCC
The trade body that represents the UK tourer, motorhome, holiday home and park home industries

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You only need a water ingress inspection with the Pilote not the whole thing. Just had our P716 done for the first time at Hayes MH. Cost was £99 inc Vat and they did it while I waited.

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi QF
Thanks for your reply. Why did you just need the water ingress. Did you buy your MH from them. I telephoned them last week told me for a habcheck would cost £210 inc vat. SMC Newark £220 inc vat !!!!. My G600 in coming up to 1 year old.
Colin

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You don't need a Hab Check with a Pilote to keep the water ingress guarantee going. They just need to check that it's alright and no damp. It gets registered with Pilote that it's been done. Ask Hayes what's required I did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back