Motorhome Curtain Track (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
What do you guys use up front of your vans? By this i mean round the front door and windscreen. I see straight runners on ebay but i was king of hoping for something that will go round bends allowing me to pull a curtain from the side of each front seat to meet/overlap in the middle.

Cheers

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Cheers @Stealaway I was looking for smaller as i an converting a small van and although not limited head height i dont want things to look bulky/out of place. I see neat little runners at only £9 for 2.5m but its straight lines only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We had this stuff on the boat curtains but I think the track has to be horizontal - maybe not?
You sew the tape to the curtain and is very small and neat.

Broken Link Removed

Not sure the track will bend -

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I got fed up with the hymer crap so went for a more robust and cheaper method.
http://www.dunelm.com/product/swish-sologlyde-track-1000011673?cmCategoryId=34168
you can still see the original underneath the new
20160225_063851.jpg

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I got fed up with the hymer crap so went for a more robust and cheaper method.
http://www.dunelm.com/product/swish-sologlyde-track-1000011673?cmCategoryId=34168
you can still see the original underneath the newView attachment 94859

Hhmmm,hymer crap ...!!! For your sake hope a certain motorhome er in the south London area doesn't see this comment....but I personally think it very apt .... I have the curved rail on my autocruuse but don't think you can buy it anymore ..worth a google I would have thought . Or maybe a shower curtain rail ,I had one on my boat which went around in a big u shape ..Roy

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Ikea have a range of curtain tracks - may be worth having a look

Upvote 0
OP
OP
?

Deleted User
This one might work

Broken Link Removed

:D That is the one i was looking at last night and thought "that would do" but the ad i was looking at only showed it lying flat on its back. I never thought about putting it on its side is i think i have enough drop before the window tops.

Lol, yes im a diddy :LOL:

Thank you @Stroppy Bird

Upvote 0

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
We put the silver screen in place - keeps the light out and provides some insulation. You can bend ordinary domestic curtain track by making a series of cuts ie with a saw, in the back of it, it will then bend around quite sharp corners.

Dave

Upvote 0

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Hhmmm,hymer crap ...!!! For your sake hope a certain motorhome er in the south London area doesn't see this comment....but I personally think it very apt .... I have the curved rail on my autocruuse but don't think you can buy it anymore ..worth a google I would have thought . Or maybe a shower curtain rail ,I had one on my boat which went around in a big u shape ..Roy
yes that didn't come out exactly as intended,in my excuse I,ve been up most of the night coughing and been curing it with hot milk and brandy :rolleyes:
But the runners used on the track on mine are very flimsy and I got fed up with them pulling out hence my dunelm track,it is bendy enough to go round the curves with no need to do any mods .(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back