Brittany campsite recommendations (1 Viewer)

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
I'm going to Britanny in August, my first MH trip to France and my first driving experience in that country. Can any one recommend a nice, quiet campsite within say an hour's easy drive of Roscoff?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm going to Britanny in August, my first MH trip to France and my first driving experience in that country. Can any one recommend a nice, quiet campsite within say an hour's easy drive of Roscoff?
There's a municipal at Santec which is very close to Roscoff. A bit further and inland there is a site at Carhaix Plouger beside the river. I've used both and they were OK but basic of course.

But I doubt anywhere will be quiet in August!

OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Thanks DBK, I'm anticipating it will be busy, I guess what I'm after is smaller sites rather than quiet ones!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
How long are you going for? Brittany is quite easy to drive around and there are lots of Aires and campsites. Quite a few campsites have been listed in other threads where people asked the same questions, try a search on the forums while others reply with lists of their favourite campsites.
I'm afraid I don't really have knowledge of any campsites myself, I'm an Aires man!

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Have a look at Pors Peron.
Seems to have good reviews and shouldn't be too far of a journey.
We looked at it but thought it may be too quiet for us so we've opted for busy sites with loads of screaming kids. Ace. Gonna need a holiday after the holiday!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
also it depends on what you want sea and sand or mountains and rivers?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have a look at Pors Peron.
Seems to have good reviews and shouldn't be too far of a journey.
We looked at it but thought it may be too quiet for us so we've opted for busy sites with loads of screaming kids. Ace. Gonna need a holiday after the holiday!
I can recommend Pors Peron, nice site with English owners and a nice small beach just down the road and also nice coastal walk( lookout for the bright green lizards)

OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Thank you all, we want to use Aires, but on my first day I fancy somewhere I can book into. We live in West Cornwall so beaches aren't a priority the first night, just somewhere I know I can stop after my first experience driving on the other side! I'll look at both Pors Perin and Mael Carhaix, as both sound good. I want to go to Carhaix anyway as it's a good location for cycling some of the Voies Vertes routes, which is one of our aims. (y)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
To be honest, campsites and aires will be really really busy that time of year, especially in Brittany where you've got lots of brits as well as all the other nationalities on hols :/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back